Overwatch 2019 👌

Disclaimer: this is just my opinion👌

All Jelly is going to say is, they had better step it up.

Yes they are going to be working on mobile games, and worrying about Owl. This leaves little room for any overwatch updates.

Content wise, this year of overwatch was lacking a whole lot. Lore wise, same thing.

Balancing was decent, but not enough to keep the game alive or keep people coming back.

I hate seeing a game with this much potential go to waste.

So I’m hoping they step it up this year, and I know there are people who agree with me👍

Yes there are some who will defend blizzard to the very end, saying the game is perfect and content is amazing. I don’t know why they think that, but hey, good for them.

How about you guys, anyone else want blizzard to step it up?:wink:

98 Likes

It will be hard. From what I can tell this sentiment isn’t exactly unique to OW. I think most of their IPs at the moment (with maybe exception being hearthstone I dont play it.) have post in their forums with this same kind of post. It will be interesting to see how they prioritize what gets done this year.

6 Likes

Blizz as a whole is cutting back so don’t get your hopes up

14 Likes

Well, I got a whole wishlist of simple balance changes they could do.
📝 Patch Notes for 2019, idea

As well as a simple way to include Role Queue that avoids almost all the pitfalls I could find with it.

4 Likes

Yes they are going to be working on mobile games, and worrying about Owl. This leaves little room for any overwatch updates.

blizzard isn’t a monolith. The different games all have different divisions and we have no indication that the OW team is the one being pulled to work on the mobile games; it was Heroes of the Storm whose devs got shifted. OWL updates and changes have little to nothing to do with the OW team.

You might as well say “World of Warcraft is getting an expansion = Less OW content!”.

(Overwatch MIGHT have had devs moved but I don’t think theres been any conformation of that like HOTS has)

2 Likes

I think Blizzard has a plan, we just need to have some damn faith, Arthur.

However, if they fail, and falter, I fear I will give OW the Valve treatment and leave until they have a plan. It’s been 5 years since I lost faith in the Valve Cooperation.

5 Likes

XD they have already failed me, 3 years and not much to show for it👌

But I agree with you, here’s to hope👍

3 Likes

I wouldn’t expect anything breath-taking honestly,

This company we’re dealing with is barely Blizzard anymore

18 Likes

You nailed it. It’s barely is blizzard

Doesn’t matter much to me, as I will be working on making the game something I check on during events to see what free stuff I’ll be getting.

1 Like

I would love to see them take some very transformative steps and really up the ante, but I’m fully prepared for the inevitability that it won’t happen. IMO, the only really good balancing outcomes of this past year were the Hanzo and Torbjorn reworks (Hanzo rework once balanced). New heroes and maps are cool, but not enough. Events are kinda a joke.

I’d love for Blizzard to prove me wrong and give me reasons to keep coming back to the game, but I don’t have high hopes

1 Like

I’ve given up on this game and I honestly think the chances that Blizzard will step it up are slim. They care way too much about OWL and Pros and don’t even focus on the main game.

2 Likes

f2p and battlepass :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Didn’t you hear? Blizzard wasn’t making enough money, so Activision decided to cut costs. By increasing the amount of useless leeches in finances , and reducing amount of actual developers. GG Blizz. Nice knowing ya.

9 Likes

If this resulted in a substantial increase in content, and the price wasn’t unreasonable, I’d actually be alright with it

1 Like

it will be probably even less considering most battlepasses

We all want this game to be great but Blizz seems to be more interested into the MUNEH!

2 Likes

And mobile!

9 charac

1 Like

with lootboxes

I miss the days where we can just say “It’s Blizzard! We have nothing to worry about!” and all nod in agreement.

2 Likes