Overwatch 2 will not launch - Windows

When launching overwatch 2, battlenet claims the game is ‘now playing’ and nothing appears. My system then becomes laggy/unresponsive and can only be turned off via hardware shutdown. When I turn on my PC, and use any other application or game this issue does not happen, I’m on my latest drivers and windows version, and I even tried rolling back to previous versions and this issue still persists. Tried a full reinstall of Bnet and OW2 and the same problem occurs. If I wait for around 5mins, the game will eventually launch with hugely diminished performance.

1 Like

This is happening to me as well, exactly as described… completely uninstalled/reinstalled OW2 and Battle.net and made sure graphics drivers and Windows were up to date. I tried disabling my AV software, but still no luck

What AV software are you running?

Delete the file before pressing play. This worked for me.

Thanks OatMoar, removing that file does load the game as expected. n1cholas, I am running BitDefender Free, and after reading through the post OatMoar quoted, it seems to be an issue with BitDefender. I opened a support ticket with them as suggested so they have more awareness of the issue.

Thank you all for this critical information. I’m hoping there’s a fix soon

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.