Overwatch 2: Rework Symmetra PLEASE. Here's How

This is my proposal on how to rework Symmetra in Overwatch 2:

Devs PLEASE read this :smiley:

This is a proposal for a Symmetra rework because in Overwatch 2 I think we can all agree that she isn’t doing well in this new game, and since launch Symmetra has been placed as the worst character in every tier list made so far for the launch of Overwatch 2. As a Symmetra main, I feel as though I can give some insight to how she can be made new for this new game as an old character that feels outdated. I don’t know where to send this email so I am just sending it to any “contact us” site in hopes that someone can forward this to the developers. Here is my proposal on how to make Symmetra a better, newer character with a fresher feeling to make her just as good as the new characters that were just released.

Make her a Support character -
So as I said, Symmetra compared to the new characters is unbearable. The new characters are placed so high in tier lists because they were made for Overwatch 2 and how the game is played for this new game. Symmetra still feels like she is made for the first patch of the first Overwatch game and feels like she can’t fit in and isn’t respected. I love her character, but she has become memed so hard and the players don’t feel like she needs to be in the game anymore because she doesn’t fit into how the game is Now. I would suggest that she is placed into the support category and this is how:

Abilities:
So when Symmetra is placed in the support category once again, she could be reworked in a way where she can still do some damage, but also heal and support her team more.

-You could keep her Primary Fire as the charging beam, but make it so her beam charges a little faster to compensate for the other changes to her abilities.

-For her Secondary Fire, I would suggest that her secondary fire be taken out and changed. I would say to make her secondary fire a healing turret that only shoots 3 turrets at a time and when they are destroyed she can automatically place another down. It isn’t overpowered because since they are so easy to destroy, it doesn’t make it annoyingly powerful, but gives a healing aspect to her character. Obviously the amount of turrets can be changed or the amount of healing they offer can be changed as well.

-For her First Ability, the damaging turrets, they can still be there BUT only have 2 turrets available to use. This way it isn’t overpowered so she won’t have 6 turrets at once. This might cause a damage problem for her, but 1: she wouldn’t be a dps character anymore so it wouldn’t matter and 2: she would have an increased charge time to her primary fire beam so that would compensate for only having 2 turrets on the field that do damage so it forces players to use her other 3 turrets for healing and focusing on that.

-For her Second Ability, she could still teleport. Nothing to change there; it gives her great mobility.

-For her Ultimate Ability, this is going to need a MAJOR rework. Although the indestructible wall is great, it doesn’t really add any push value OR defensive value to be honest. Opponents can bob and weave through it if it is placed vertically. Horizontally, they can just walk through it so it doesn’t really do anything to be honest it just temporarily helps for maybe 5 seconds and then you die. For the rework, I would suggest that since she would be in the support category we make her ultimate a little bit more useful. She used to have a defense shield as her Second Ability a long time ago and I feel like a better but balanced version of that could be her ultimate. For example, like Bastion or Sigma’s ultimate where they get a birds eye view of where to place their ultimate could be the view the Symmetra player gets when you press the ultimate ability and you have 5 seconds to choose where the circle goes and when you press and choose a spot the circle turns into a AOE field of either additional healing or additional shields. Kinda like Lucio or Brigitte’s ultimate abilities.

Thank you for reading and listening,

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator. Forum Code of Conduct - Blizzard Support