Overwatch 2 Ready Check: Prepare for Launch!

I thought OW2 wasn’t launching on October 4. This is just early access right? Or is PVE coming out too

3 Likes

Oof, cutting it close. I get out of work at 2 pm est on Oct 4th.

CAN’T WAIT! god the next week is gonna be so much torture

1 Like

Launch checklist for blizzard:

• Buy moar servers
8 Likes

Let’s say, hypothetically, I’m the last person on Earth that doesn’t own a cell phone. I’m just not going to be able to play Overwatch 2 because I don’t have a cell phone number?

23 Likes

unless you use someone elses like parent who doesnt mind.

5 Likes

Can you early download Overwatch 2 for PC even though you played Overwatch on a console as I’d rather play this on my PC?

Very hyped and I have everything ready. Nice!

Yes of cause you can. Just make sure that you merged accounts (if needed). Otherwise you will be able to play on every device with the same account.

1 Like

what if I don’t want Bobby Kotick leaving death threats on my answering machine?

https://www.businessinsider.com/activision-ceo-bobby-kotick-reportedly-threatened-former-assistant-killed-2021-11

11 Likes

Thirtieth.

1 Like

SMS Protect brings meaningful change when it comes to disruptive play.

Umm, so everyone who has already PAID for accounts which will be going away are primed to file the biggest class action lawsuit against Blizzard entertainment for breach of service.

We paid money for accounts. They are effectively nullifying their end of the deal. That is a huge breach. It will fail.

14 Likes

yes this is an even easier legal attack than losing the 6v6

5 Likes

If my phone number is verified, does that mean i completed the SMS Protection requirement ?

2 Likes

Yeah I love paying for bonuses for a game I can’t play because of later requirements.

And can I ask why, exactly, is verification required for people that have Overwatch 1 and have played for 6 years? What is the point in having a good reputation and good standing and no bans of that means nothing in the long run and i am going to be treated the same as a 5 year old kid left alone on a console.

Is it because personal data yummy?

12 Likes

Can I get a refund on the Watchpoint pack? I don’t want to play because of the announced sms protection requirement.

5 Likes

Yes.

OW1 is only for naughty boys and girls with icky personal data.

2 Likes

To be clear here, you’re deleting overwatch 1 which I paid for. And you ALREADY sold watchpoint packs to people that may not have cell numbers, or use prepaid accounts, VOIP, or app based phone numbers without telling them they needed that until the last minute?! Be sure if there’s legal action I’ll reach out and provide my time and info as a lead if need be.

24 Likes

Sounds like you may be able to take legal action considering they sold you this without telling the requirement. Perhaps reach out to a lawyer?

1 Like

Soooo I have to change cell service to play? Guess I’m not playing then.

16 Likes

Bliz has been refunding Watchpoint packs for people who, for whatever reason, won’t be playing Overwatch 2. They’ve even been refunding it for people who bought it to play the beta. So yes, you should be able to get a refund on it if you submit your request right now.

You really should get on that right now though, because they were suggesting that they won’t be issuing refunds after the game is launched.

6 Likes