Overwatch 2 Randomly Freezes during Gameplay

It’s getting seriously awful.

Blizzard needs to fix this issue. I am tired of this and getting frozen in the training tool or quick matches. I waited 3 hours for this bug to get fixed but NO. They said they were going to fix PC crashes and this was not in the patch maitenence.

1 Like

A lot of people have this problem but idk what are blizzard doing to fix it… It’s just like they ate ignoring it

Since all the blizzard employees are totally incompetent, i have managed to find a fix for this issue, it has nothing to do with cpu. The reason is just within audio devices. If i use headphones, my game will crash all the time, when i m using speakers, it never occurs. hope it helps fellaz and you Bobby, i hope karma will get you for running the company like this.

1 Like

I mentioned audio issues to probably 20 people, but they all said it wasn’t that. Maybe this is the reason after all… ?

I don’t work at Blizzard.

Update: Did not make a difference for anyone I suggested it to.

2 Likes

i switch to speakers from headphones. im gonna try now.
(didnt work)

Tested rn, didn’t help, but thanks for the tip.

Have had the same issue ever since the launch. What really seems to have helped me is turning vsync on. It almost helped though. For some reason, the game still freezes at the shooting range and still very rarely in normal games compared to when it froze every two games. Especially the area with the two enemy dummies shooting the two friendly dummies is the freeze zone for some reason lol.

Latest update still Freezing hahah.

I just played three games with these changes and noticed 0 shutter/freeze -

• Turn off Dynamic Res
  • Disable Nvidia Reflex
  • Close some of razer services (Uninstalled Cortex)
  • Set game graphics quality to High or lower.

I tried these solutions in isolation and shuttering still happens so not sure which one is actually worked but combining these three results in 0 shuttering or freezing.

I have the same issue with my i-5 7200u laptop i wrote a ticket 3 days ago no reply :sweat: the game freezes in training or unranked randomly and i have to shut the game with task manager + wintab i hope they fix it cause it unplayeable i will write here when they reply my ticket gl everyone

1 Like

this settings didnt work for me :frowning:

Same for me here, I really hope blizzard finally fixes this.

I have the same issue with a computer that barely makes it over the minimum requirements - so at first I thought it was my computer that caused the constant freezes, but reading through this post I came to the realization that it is not my computer that is at fault but the game itself. I have the same exact issues in the same exact zones (i.e. practice training with the two bots, unranked & versus ai). And I am seriously not willing to attempt and turn off Hyperthreading as I feel unsafe about doing so to a computer as old as this one.

Hopefully Blizzard can fix it up in the upcoming days cause this is seriously becoming annoying.

i have the same problem with all you guys, i dont know what to do and if they will ever see this problem and fix it. because even if i have a great pc i tryied litereally everything to make it work and still in game it freezes i honestly dont know if it is really because i have a intel 3, but still this thing should be fixed as soon as possible on my opinion cause i cant even enjoy playing with friends that it freezes

I have the same too ;(
No matter graphics settings, it will always freeze.

1 Like

Thought I was the only one having this kind of trouble, my pc specs aren’t up-to-date, but at least they could run Overwatch 1 with no problem. Let’s hope that Blizzard fix this crashing thing soon because I ain’t playing this. These freezes get on my nerves

6 Likes

hope they will fix it very soon

issue was here from the first beta and still no fix if you dont spend money they wont look into your “problems”

2 Likes

I have the same problem with i3 7100