Overwatch 2 PvP Beta: Week 2 Developer Blog

Read between the lines: they plan to dumb it down and put it on a button. As I said above: all news is bad news with Actiblizz lately. They CAN NOT release something that doesn’t have the aftertaste of pre-and-re-chewed vomit.

13 Likes

I’m in the beta and I can’t load the blog either.

What button? Shift is fly to teammate. E is rez. Q is ultimate flight. Left click is heal and right click is damage boost. Would it be something like hold shift instead of pressing it a single time or double tap shift mid movement to fly up in a super jump?

While these heroes aren’t our current focus, they’re on our radar for future adjustments and continued monitoring.

This is the most disgusting line.

18 Likes

I can suggest how properly to increase her skill ceiling but most people aren’t going to like it.

yeah this is a super-weird take

crouch-jumping isn’t accessible in an FPS?

clicking on heads is way harder

auto-aim when Blizzard?

Inputs, double shoryuken for super jump. Controller mandatory now.

1 Like

So many people complaining but this is the best communication we had ever!! Please keep it up!!!

13 Likes

The whole thing with Junk and him getting a buff is not the best idea, he has the most cc in a DPS hero with a slow and a boop on quick cooldowns and along with that he has some of the highest damage output in the game. Junk does not need a buff but instead some way to reduce his impact, against a good junk tanks get DEMOLISHED due to his high damage output and get displaced but his conc mines. His mobility is also extreme with is conc mines and the role passive. Sym just needs a rework, her playstyle counteracts with OW2. Ana needs a healing reduction on anti instead of cutting heals entirely. Moira is Moira, she doesn’t need a change people just need to know what orbs to use and when. Mercy is in the same spot as Sym, her playstyle isn’t mixed well with OW2. Rather her be reliant on other people for her movement instead make her self reliant, make her a true aerial like Echo or Pharah. Idk just a random thought but she needs a significant change to be useful.

1 Like

How do you play Dva and still say this about Junkrat

I Love the open communication <3

9 Likes

I agree I probably wouldn’t like it.

For a game based heavily on TF2, I just wish they looked more at Medic’s auto-locking healing beam. THAT’s the kind of skill expression I wish Mercy had.

…And not offering that complexity with a tradeoff of globally nerfing supports by 25%.

4 Likes

Thanks for acknowledging you saw the 50,000 symmetra threads that have been made

Although expect 50,000 more since you said she wasn’t priority :grimacing:

9 Likes

please dont give mercy a super jump button, this is the definition of removing skill expression

8 Likes

have people with low mobility, that press 2 keys IS HARD OR VERY HARD, if super jump enter as official button ability on hud or visual note with 1 key to press, this will be more cool and better acessibility, you haven’t thought about this right?

2 Likes

good stuff devs. ignore the haters and complainers.

8 Likes

“to bring her in line with other supports”

Why do I have the terrible feeling that Moira is getting nerfed, despite Ana being so much better than her.

I might be overreacting, but after they have nerfed Moira so many times in the past while she was the worst pick in top ranks, I’m terrified of what they have said here lol. I have such little faith just from the past bad experiences with nerfs they have unfairly dished out to Moira while she was performing badly in OWL1.

and pls pls pls don’t be that fade utility, especially after… u remove so much CC etc from the game lol.

19 Likes

you should maybe link a tutorial on how to superjump instead of applaning the skill ceilling for the 40fps 2games per season player who can’t press 3 keys and spend more time writing on this forum, also you should tell them that if pressing ctrl shift and space is impossible, you can still bind it to your mouse , to make it even easier.

I assume that they’re going to give her a flight button and remove super jump. Maybe leave super jump in but a basic flight ability, would help her feel more active and fun.

1 Like

“…montage-worthy new passive ability for Zenyatta”

Jesus Christ, is this what they care about? Nobody gives a damn about montages. Stop focusing on how the game looks to play and make it fun for everyone.

19 Likes