Overwatch 2 PvP Beta: Week 2 Developer Blog

also HELLO MOIRA HIGHLIFE AND SUBSEQUENT MEGA NERF HERE WE COME

6 Likes

uh, much more likely is the fact open queue now exists to moderate the queue time…

8 Likes

I am always for a little bit more damage for Junkrat. When in doubt, more explosives.

4 Likes

Wait. Where are the changes? I just finished reading the thing and it didn’t say what is being changed.

i mean so am i but apparently its not high enough but the current trap is fine? I kinda feel like its the other way around…

Were literally only on the last 5 days left, the changes are probably gonna be on phase 2 in two months/next couple weeks.

Not that I recall. If he was it was VERY early in OW like the first year of release. This was when people assumed heroes like Junkrat and Pharah were shield breakers. Once they found out other heroes can do it better and get more value out of their primary attack, people switched away from Junkrat.

11 Likes

there isn’t any, maybe we get some tomorrow, who knows, not anyone here

2 Likes

To jump on this too, direct hits with Junkrat aren’t a skill expression because the range is so criminally short due to the artificially high projectile gravity and extremely small projectile volume. There’s no WYKKYD SYKK fadeaway airshot opportunity with Junkrat because his effective range is like 8 meters, and directs in that range are fairly rare unless you aim over everyone’s head.

Why buff something that doesn’t need buffing, when his issue is that his mines are more reliable at range than his primary?

3 Likes

Mercy

• DON’T YOU DARE DUMB DOWN THE SUPERJUMP, IT’S THE ONLY SKILL REWARDING MECHANIC OUR LITTLE BUTTERFLY HAS EVER HAD.

On a sidenote: HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO FIT ONE CATASTROPHIC DECISION (ANNOUNCEMENT) INTO EVERY LITTLE BIT OF NEWS YOU RELEASE?!?!?!?!?!

26 Likes

need a key plzzzzz :confounded:need a key plzzzzz :confounded:

1 Like

Overwatch devs must be playing on a 2016 build then lmao.

Honestly during shield meta I was expecting Junk to get more play because of it ironically though McRightClick and Hanzo were better shield breakers than the hero that shoots grenades.

3 Likes

Too bad I’ve already started :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

1 Like

We’re planning another balance patch this week and will include specific commentary there explaining those changes

Now watch them dumb down the superjump and in return nerf Mercy

9 Likes

NGL, i called this mercy buff about 5 minutes after superjump was discovered.

I just hope they don’t harm Mercy’s learning curve. Superjump isn’t the hardest thing to grasp, but it’s still something to demonstrate that somebody has bothered to learn the hero.

It feels rewarding to show off cool tech to demonstrate that you didn’t pick up the game yesterday.

19 Likes

What learning curve? xD

2 Likes

Precisely. It’s practically non-existant, especially for onlookers.

Mercy needs more skill-dependant tools (not necessarily mechanical aim, there’s plenty of other heroes for that). And if this change simplifies her kit further, I’ll not be pleased.

11 Likes

Do you mean it this time?!?!
You said “yes” last time I asked but you know, you’re still here so… :eyes:

1 Like

having trouble reaching the blizz website lately.

might be link to not being part of the beta i guess.