Overwatch 2 PvP Beta: Week 2 Developer Blog

Button remapping is a thing though. But console players can superjump as well, so it’s not even about buttons being difficult to press.

There’s a few ways to take “she excelled at shield breaking” aside from being the fastest shieldbreaker in the game

False. I proved beyond any doubt that I am right. The fact that they avoided my questions like the plague is proof.

I repeat, they already admitted to making a mistake, you are trying to defend someone who already admitted they were wrong, you aren’t doing yourself any favors.

Nope, it isn’t and again, ironic how you are the one throwing insults and then calling me a jerk, predictable of course, you are doing a good job of destroying your own credibility I don’t even have to try.

yeah pretty much; it’s all she could do, but not even that well. too scared to give her good damaghe while zarya got to do everything she does and better, while also being a tnak with strong abilities lol

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for them googling them every day, I want to see them

If they make superjumping more accessible by just allowing crouch GA to happen normally if you hold down crouch button and press GA, that would be an entirely acceptable option of making superjumping more accessible to playerbase (despite it being already accessible af), without breaking any of the old button combination sequences in performing superjumping or removing any of the nuance from doing different kind of jumps.

Currently the way to do superjump is to click crouch and immediately GA, since crouch ga cannot be performed from crouch normally.

I believe this would be the smartest solution and not be a controversal change to mercy’s current playstyle. As long as all the related techs can still be performed normally, such as V-superjump from higher platform to lower platform and back up.

Making it a cooldown on the other hand, would remove all the control mercy players have over the jump in question and all the maneuverability you can get with it and that’s a big no-no. Don’t do this.

However considering all the changes they tend to do, I’m just wary about how they could potentially mess up her entire ga.

1 Like

While you’re not wrong, I personally struggle with her super jump because the added keystrokes murder by wrist . I sustained a wrist injury in high school that has lead to frequent tendonitis flare-ups if I’m not careful. Excessive keystrokes is certainly one of the ways that my affected tendons get irritated. I already can only play Overwatch to a limited capacity but when I play Mercy (my favorite hero), my playtime gets cuts short even further.

I would certainly welcome a means to help make this easier because tendonitis can get very painful.

1 Like

Removing all the keystrokes required however would essentially remove all the control you have over what kind of jumps you like to do and when. If it just becomes exo boots, it means you cannot do varying heigh and curvature jumps, superjump resses, v-superjumps or anything of the sort.

Dumbing down her movement to make it more accessible is not the answer I’m afraid, it would just remove her potential GA options and make it less fun and make mercy poorer character as result. Then nobody has fun if she’d end up with a lame version of superjump that has little to no applications compared to the old one.

Half the techs in this video would just disappear entirely.

4 Likes

I don’t need any.

And again I remind you how they already admitted to making a mistake and that it was wrong of them.

Why not give immobile supports mobility? Ana with a grappling hook or Zen with a phase/blink like ability would avoid the need for an OP meme kick. And the mechanics already exist and fit within the lore.

The whole section on supports is interesting. It shows they understand that as enemies get better at killing things, the life expectancy of supports drops. A real “well, duh!” moment.

I’ll be particularly interested to see how they handle the question of mobility, given that their old answer was “more CC” and now that seems to be off the cards.

1 Like

Yes thank you for pointing this out since it proves they were being defensive for no reason at all.

And then they said:

Essentially proving me right.

They also erased the post where they admitted to being wrong. That is not suspicious at all, of course not. Thank you for showing me that, it makes it even worse for them and for you.

2 Likes

Can you guys go make another thread to ruin? This one is one of those rare cases where it has the potential for interesting discussion.

4 Likes

NAH I’ll just put the narcissist on permanent ignore.

2 Likes

He erased the post!! LMAO This just keeps getting better.

You just put your pal and yourself in an even worse position ROFL.

1 Like

I do not understand the obsession that the devs have in wanting to turn Mercy more into garbage, is there a plot of OWL players who hate Mercy? devs do they hate her? this is not normal.

2 Likes

I don’t think they will actually do it. I mean, how would you trigger it?

people are jumping and making a lot of assumptions.

" Dumbing it down means removing all guardian angel nuance and control that made mercy fun to play in favour of making it a cd and “accessible”"

Is full of assumptions. It is assuming that they are going to remove the GA nuance and control, which they may not. It is assuming that they are going to make it a CD which CERTIANLY they will not do.

Like, if you are going to get angry at stuff which you are making up in your head, or someone else is making up in their head, then be upset that the devs hate her - when you are basic that off someones weird fantasy of what they may do, then that isn’t cool.

Go show me where they say “turn it into a cooldown, or remove the nuance or make it so you don’t have the same level of control”

If they put something in, it will likely be a “here is a way to trigger it in an easy way, BUT the old methods still work exactly the same as they did before”.

It would likely look something like holding R while doing a GA will set it to crouch, and do the jump at a reasonable time.

That’s it. The rest of the tech would remain. It is just so people who haven’t learnt to use it have an easier path into the world of superjumping.

I hope the OW community does not confuse stats to paint the full picture. The devs have always paid close attention to stats and I feel it has always resulted in mixed balance issues. OW2 beta is new and we should not compare it to OW1.

Here’s my take: of course supports are dying more frequently, but why is this a bad thing? OW1 is a lot slower paced, supports knew how to play around having a 2nd tank in their team, and it took more effort for the enemy to approach you. Now with faster movement and having no 2nd tank means battles are more aggressive. OW2 gave supports passive healing to sustain themselves in the absent of one tank. They have to play more defensively. The one thing people tend to forget is that all roles now have a greater chance to make plays compared to OW1 and this includes supports. You can make these 1v3 plays as supports and that’s really difficult in OW1 compared to OW2. I’m afraid catering to support stats will lead to another power creep. I personally see the support role fine the way they are right now. I think we just need to get used to a different play-style.

Because the support players are not queuing as much and saying this is the reason (1) they are giving that they are not doing so?

That would be a good reason to do something about it, or something else so they queue even though it is happening.

But it is a datapoint showing “they players feel like this is happening more, and the stats back them up”

Which helps in the “Supports are not queuing because it feels like this is happening more” conversation.

(1) I mean, why they don’t queue and why they say they don’t queue are not always going to be the same thing. But it is a good place to start looking.

Supports have always been low in queue and people find it boring to play supports now because of one tank. Why would someone play support if their tank plays poorly? OW2 highly prioritizes your tank’s survivability and in a lot of cases it would be at least one support’s job to pocket the tank constantly. I don’t think support changes would fix this issue. It’s a 5v5 problem and that won’t change in OW2.