Overwatch 2 PvP Beta: Week 1 Developer Blog

Overwatch 2 PvP Beta: Week 1 Developer Blog

An update from the team about what we’re learning from the Overwatch 2 PvP Beta!

View Full Article

85 Likes

Nice! Some communication.

54 Likes

Fantastic article. Keep it up guys.

37 Likes

Great update. Highly recommend everyone read through it.

31 Likes

ACTUAL COMMUNICATION! :clap: This day just can’t get better now!

25 Likes

Ok, whatever I may think about what I’m seeing from the beta gameplay, this is very cool.

Hopefully this remains a regular feature of development. It’s fantastic to get insight into what the team is seeing/hearing and taking to heart in terms of feedback.

And bonus points for basically addressing every major issue I’ve seen raised. It remains to be seen what their answers may be. But this a genuinely positive bit of outreach. Kudos Team 4. More of this and you may even win back your community.

37 Likes

Orisa nerf where you at?

8 Likes

Some of this info would have been more useful for the start of the beta.

We believe 5v5 is a significant adjustment for players, and we have been happy to hear consistent and positive feedback about players having more fun

Where?

30 Likes

good to see some communication, keep it up guys ! :clap:

12 Likes

I feel like we are past the point of being surprised that they are communicating with their recent track record (not saying you are surprised, but it kinda reads like it).

I think some people almost wants every DEVs number to text them immediately and expect answers as well lol.

1 Like

Very nice article! Can’t wait to see some of the Support changes & new abilities which are currently WIP! :smiley: keep up the good work, Team 4! :blue_heart:

17 Likes

“Because this beta test focuses primarily on gameplay and balance as well as stability”

if only anyone in this community had understood that

19 Likes

We’ll talk about balance in more detail in a separate section, but our approach to balance will be to make rapid adjustments to hero power levels, and we’ll deploy our first Beta balance patch in a few days accordingly.

Helllooooooo

18 Likes

Hmm, glad the scoreboard has more updates coming. Doesn’t sound like support concerns are being addressed this beta, outside of some number adjustments. Maybe. Wasn’t sure if they were talking about new stuff for support this beta, or next. New support hero next beta.

So expect role queue imbalances to continue for remainder of this beta. Sigh.

3 Likes

Our team believes providing accurate feedback and encouragement can improve everyone’s gameplay experience!

Getting flamed for having this stat or that stat is called “encouragement” now?

7 Likes

What do you mean? You are like one of the first people to jump into any positive feedback thread.

7 Likes

Hoping for the console beta soon, I can’t wait to try this game out!

2 Likes

i am going to be that guy (I do play on console as well, xbox guy)
But usually the console betas are the last betas, simply because they are easier to get onto the systems and they are the biggest, so everyone gets to play!

1 Like

Someone who is going to be toxic is going to do so regardless of whether they have information or not. Accurate information can help the rest of us make good decisions.

27 Likes

id say the best use of the board is just who is alive and the ult charge portions
and like kills/elims being the least helpful to me