Overwatch 2 PC BETA

Hello

I received an email inviting me to the original beta. My account could never access the beta and gets stuck connecting to the server. I watched twitch for the drops, claimed the beta access and still couldn’t access the game with my account. I have now paid £35 to access the beta and I’m still having the same issue of being unable to connect to the server. This is an account specific issue because friends have logged into their accounts and played using my pc.

Can somebody please look at my account and help resolve this issue because there seems to be nothing that I can do to fix this and I’ve now spent money for this so I’m not happy to just let it slide as a beta issue that may have needed time to be resolved.

Unfortunately, you need to open a ticket. Staff on the forum and community members cannot review your account for issues.

Can you advise on how to open a ticket correctly please? I’ve been struggling with this as it keeps pointing me to FAQs which can’t help me now.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1204/ticket

I originally filled out an in depth support ticket and after troubleshooting with tech support they told me to go to the forums because they said they couldn’t help me. Am i supposed to keep ping ponging between the forums and blizzard support tickets or can I (or we the people experiencing this bug) actually get some direct help for something I’ve payed money for.

1 Like

They likely were referring to looking for advice from the community or filing a bug report. I’m a fellow player and have no access to account details.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.