Overwatch 2 Needs to come with a huge rebalance of the whole cast

I think everyone already expects blizzards to do this, but I’m going to say it upfront anyway.

Overwatch 2 needs a HUGE REBALANCING of all the heros. I’m not talking like a small buff/nerf for half the cast. I’m talking about a HUGE Cast-Wide rebalance with heaps of hero being changed durastically.

The balance of the game right now is screwed up and it’s only gotten worse with power creep. This is basically Blizzards only chance to maybe make the game semi balanced again.

5 Likes

If they feel that major balance changes are necessary, they don’t need to wait for OW2’s release to patch it. They can do that now just as easily.

The thing with balance is you can’t do too much at once because it ripples quite hard.
I do wish they would change 2-4 things in ptr… see what happens… apply a few more changes to the same ptr… see what happens and then maybe once more… THEN apply the overall large balance

I agree, a fair number of heroes need further balancing or at least some work on. The question also is whether we need a refreshed balancing team too. :thinking:

1 Like

I think they would. Each time you change the games balance you’ve got to consider all the effects it would have on other heroes. (E.g Sigma was thought to be bad/UP on the PTR by many people, but once on live people figured out he was OPAF with Orisa). This fact combined with the amount of buffs and nerfs needed to actually rebalance the game means that this would take heaps of testing and balancing to get right. Something that they could do since they’re making a new game

I don’t, it’s the same game and you’ll have to pay to play for the current seasonal PvE events.

They’re making a new PvE game separate from Overwatch PvP. If anything, the need to thoroughly test that before release will bog down the testers who might otherwise be on Overwatch PvP changes, so ideally these things wouldn’t happen at the same time.

No it doesn’t, right now you can play every support and do well. Orisa/Sigma may be the top meta but other tanks synergy is still there and they’re still good. And different DPS shine in different maps, even Widow with so many shields is still good in some maps, obviously some DPS are left behind, mostly because there’s so many and some do the job better than others, but that doesn’t mean you need to pick a specific one or lose.

Besides, a full rebalance doesn’t mean we would even get any closer to balance than what we have now, there would be a another meta and some characters would be f tier. There will never exist this utopy people want where we achieve perfect balance, they can rebalance the game 300 times if they want, it won’t exist.

Which won’t happen and even if it does, they won’t do it correctly.

Imagine if they didn’t have to get it right with 4-8 weeks between balance changes.

And instead could instantly push balance changes directly to Live, without rebooting the servers?

✅ Balance Hotfix directly to Quickplay

Possibly with the option of putting the balance changes into Quickplay first, and Competitive second.

Jeff did say that he considers Overwatch 2 to be an opportunity to reevaluate and reconsider everything from a design perspective.

1 Like

That’s really good then. Hopefully they will be able to deal with powercreep and the ever increasing amount of cc

1 Like

The game has tremendously changed since it released based on how the community played. Since it’s still running on it’s old system, OW2 would be the best time to make big changes to how the game is played.