Overwatch 2 Missions

I was thinking about this since a long time ago. Are we going to have enough missions to play with all the heroes in the game?
With OW2 we are gonna have a ton of new heroes, so I wonder if we will have enough missions to play with old and new characters.
Also I hope we can play Talon missions (or even Helix, Vishkar, old Blackwatch, Null Secotr, though all of them are mostly impossible), not just Overwatch missions.
What do you think?

4 Likes

They’ve already told us that not all heroes will be part of the story. Heroes that aren’t connected to Overwatch or Talon (like Roadhog, Junkrat, Wrecking Ball, Ashe, etc.) are probably not going to have a part in the story.

They will all be available for Hero Missions though.

2 Likes

Really? When did they say that? That would be so sad : (

1 Like

It was mentioned in a few interviews during Blizzcon.

But even if they aren’t part of the main story, there’s the potential for extra missions/expansions down the road.

2 Likes

Wrong, they simply said what a hero mission is and “it wouldn’t make sense for roadhog to go destroy omnics with ow”.

They never said they will never be involved in the future.

I can see them doing like some addon spin off missions for those kind of characters.

1 Like

That was addressed already.

Wait…Hero missions will have story/are a story?

I just thought hero missions were nothing more but player vs AI shenanigans - for all heroes with leveling

1 Like

You understood right. Hero missions are not the story mode.

I think they compared it a bit like the daily quests in WOW they change everyday? So the objectives change, and that’s what you will have to farm to level up your hero level.

1 Like

This is so off topic lol but I hope OW2 has boss battles against hereos in the game, imagine mercy fighting moira, I would love to see 2 supports fighting ,it just seems interesting.

1 Like

I would prefer if we didn’t have to fight playable heroes - it would complicate the story. How do they escape at the end? Blizzard isn’t going to kill off a hero in a mission.

1 Like

We’ve seen Reaper fight half the og hereos in the cinematics, I would be shocked if there wasn’t at least a boss fight against him. Maybe not Moira vs Mercy but Reaper/Widow r the two biggest antagonists of the game (pvp wise)

I mean it’s been done a million times already, you don’t necessarily have to kill the boss to beat it.
They don’t have to escape. They could get captured, or even beat YOU (story wise)

1 Like

A forced loss always feels bad.

What forced loss? There are a million exemples in video games + wow where you get a boss to 1% and then it cuts to cinematic and he gets away or beats you - but you get the loot, items, achievement, story progression… What’s the difference?

3 Likes

Lúcio had nothing to do with Overwatch or Talon but he’s in the story, plus he eventually joined up with Overwatch. There’s still a possibility for this to happen for other heroes.

1 Like

It’s a possibility, but for some heroes it seems very unlikely. Overwatch isn’t going to recruit Ashe or the Junkers, and I don’t think Talon would have any interest in them either.

1 Like

To be fair the Junkers have received more story than some Overwatch members (looking at you Mei) so I wouldn’t count them out

For some reason I want a side thing where the junkers and the deadlock gang team up and steal the valuables from talon and overwatch

And at the end it’s talon vs overwatch vs deadlock vs junkers (cause they both fight on who gets to keep what)

1 Like

Mission: play as Winston to stop hammond from joining talon