Overwatch 2 leaks? And other bits

It would make sense to want to capitalise on the launch of new consoles by selling a new product.

I can buy everything that was said before this line. The rest just sounds like the leaker was trolling.

Although, come to think of it, the thought of them actually progressing the lore sounds fishy too. :laughing:

3 Likes

This sounds like someone who isn’t even that closely following OW, probably played it at launch up until Junkinsteins just riffing of what he reads as common complaints or the most shocking bits of news.

For me personally I started to doubt at even the first sentence because I don’t think they are just ignoring the casual player, frequently they work on things that benefits both - in fact features for OWL like replays come to us casual players but features like Workshop,events and skins don’t contribute toward the esports. From the perspective of a developer instead of a community member, I don’t think they would see these multi-purpose features as a sacrifice.

The idea that the pve addon would be almost exclusively zomnics seems also strange given Archives has us fighting plenty of talon agents and was a far more involved PVE experience than the Junkinstiens event.

I would be a little surprised if they added an ultimate that required a dead player as historically mechanics that require dead players have been toned down or removed due to them being problematic for gameplay.

Not to mention this guy is just throwing random bits of lore at the wall here, Emily is very unlikely to make an in-game appearance in a way where her relationship to tracer is significantly shown as it would significantly affect the games rating in certain parts of the world (ie Russia). Team4 are great at representing different people in the game but they still have legal obligations internationally.

I mean not only is this fake but I think it’s actually a decent list of things that haven’t or won’t happen.

1 Like

looks like Voltron and Gundam are teaming up to fight big bad Decepticon

also you can amlost hear this

Dude, I don’t understand why people insist in pairing widow with tracer when widow have FOUR voicelines dedicated to tell the player how much Mercy likes her.

Seriously, she will literally say ‘You must like me’, ‘You must REALLY like me’, ‘You must like having me around’ and, ‘How lovely of your part’ (this last in french) in response to when Mercy supports her.

I am guilty to say, because I have my own headcannon, but seriously, there is something happening between Mercy and Widow.

2 Likes

Fake? No, it’s called #WidowTracer :purple_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Yeah, even ignoring Widows previous marriage, this makes no sense. There is no way in hell Tracer would ever be able to forgive her. Even if Tracer is somehow convinced Widow is 100% not culpable due to brainwashing, she’s never going to be able to go beyond maybe someday tolerating her continued existence.

2 Likes

Good points, but Gency is practically canon at this point. Now, allow me to present exhibit B…

1 Like

hot. …(20 letters)

1 Like

The whole game is going to be “leaked” by the time Blizzcon ends, and it turns out to not be a thing at all.

It is still potentially more lore than several characters have received in 3 years.