Overwatch 2 Launches October 4 as a Free-to-Play Live Experience

This is a dumb thing to say. No company can “deal with cheaters”. It’s literally impossible to prevent all cheats. No matter how much money they spend on it, it will always be a problem.

players need to log into the live game by 12/05/2022 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

Why does anyone still use that insane date format? It’s nonsensical. It just looks like a typo because the 12th of May is in the past. It makes even less sense than saying “coming this Summer” when seasons depend on where you live.

USA!
USA!
USA!

The rest of the world is actually made up, didn’t you know?

1 Like

We definitely should see big improvements in Beta 2, huge!
Because Beta 1 is definitely nowhere near ready for deployment and considering October is 4 months away, they should be focusing on polishing everything up by then.

It was a trailer made specifically for the Xbox event so obviously they’re not going to advertise Sony and Nintendo. No need to worry.

can’t wait to spend monthly to earn everything compared to the 0 Dollars currently

don’t get me wrong but i believe it will be more expensive once f2p

Keep OW2 as separate game from OW1!

3 Likes

So it’s dumb to say that they have a problem that and also saying they have?

Also try telling that to the people who won’t acknowledge that there is cheating in this game

Yes, because we all know that Fortnite is very dead for being F2P, oh wait, it’s very much alive in the middle of 2022!! , you have to create non-stop drama, otherwise we won’t stay comfortable.

Continue with the current model if it meant ending up totally dead in a short time, without new content, with loot boxes and that’s it.

The two games have literally nothing in common. For a battle royale you want a f2p model to fill the queues. For OW you don’t want a f2p model because it will only bring more smurfs and awful queue times due to role queue.

1 Like

There is absolutely zero chance they make twice the work for themselves in maintaining two separate versions of the game. They’re not doing a great job of managing one version as it is.

Continue the current model if it’s killing the game :wink:

A nice cruise → playing games. Have the best time ever.

1 Like

Well, at least we know that TF2 is a decade old game by now (dear god, I felt old), and it is still being run on Source 1 with little to no updates/supports.

So it is much easier for hackers and bot hosters to just wreck havoc in it.

OW is still pretty recent and still getting some updates (when compared to TF2 that is), so at least they won’t be a bot issue in the near future.

Not really any different then for console because they could already do that for free.

Yes yes yes!!! They have done it again - the hype is back! Steady streams of content, ANIMATED SHORTS… I can’t wait.

1 Like

The announcement is much overdue :). I for one was considerig not even buying OW2. (As the only differnece was that you could not play PvE in OW1. Which i dont care about.)

Hoping they seen many people like myself who were cknsidering just playing OW1 (as PvP in both games will be together.) Which means OW1 is getting thebweather update for maps. (Maybe not the new models, but who knows.)

Also say this: Excited and concerned, Microsoft has always been trying tovget into the competitive gaming field. Anyone remember Smite and that microsoft strwamjng platform they had that got shuttered a few years back? Can bet that style of reward will make it into OW2.

Comparing to smite/LoL as they are the easiest recognized names: Would be cool to have some sort of in game currency we could use for buying new heroes. (You dont actually think we getting new heroes for free in a F2P game do you?)

You know there will be a battlepass and some sort of cash money currency for skins. As long as we have some skins, (recolours first thing in mind,) for in game currency it wil lbe okay. Just hope we srent lkmited to our OW1 skins unless we buy new ones individually.

On another note: The playerbase has no right to complain about being charged for skins. We have been hooting and hollering for years about how we dislike loot boxes and the rng they offer. Dont get mad that blizzard heard you and decided to cater to ours requests.

Junker Queen. Are we sure that isnt just Junkrat who identifies as a queen now? :thinking:

OW2 release date

poggin

OW2 will be f2p

images of diablo immortal’s f2p experience floating through the sky like taco farts

1 Like

The difference is that one is a mobile game and the other is not :wink:

Does anybody know when we’ll hear about campaign or pve? As far as I can tell, this OW2 announcement didn’t even slightly mention the existence of either of those.