Overwatch 2 Launches October 4 as a Free-to-Play Live Experience

And I thought they were going to make the first one F2P after OW2 comes out but nope. I guess they’re playing it safe with this one.

For some reason I don’t feel that much excited because for some strange reason i have gotten used to Blizzard’s constant delays but i am little surprised for a date release date this early. I only hope that the amount of content for sequel like new heroes and new maps won’t be minimum.

Also since we will have new standard skins for all heroes, does that mean we are going to see new OWL skins for all the teams in season 6 ?

Of course it’s early, it’s literally half a year worth of work and the main feature of the game isn’t even there

1 Like

Welp it was good while it lasted.

Overwatch: Immoral version, lets go.

3 Likes

said in mercy’s voice: goodbye

PS: I’ll probably stay as I only play QP. Enjoy Smurfwatch lads.

Looks at all the owl pay skins…. It already is

You are back baby, YOU… ARE… BACK!!!

No, because Overwatch is not a mobile game, Diablo Immortal yes.

Now you’re just kidding yourself at this point if you’re trying to say it matters if it’s on mobile or not.

And who says it won’t come onto mobile? That’s prolly why it’s going f2p.

And note how I said Immoral, not immortal. Diablo could’ve been immortal but alas.

1 Like

Fortnite is a failure? no, well that and I live well that it is with new skins every two times three and events.

OMFG !!! Free to play mean unlimited cheater & smurf. f* bad news. Big fail blizzard !! How to destroy a game 101 :stuck_out_tongue: R.I.P.

Fortnite wasn’t made by actiblizz tho.

As long as you have a bunch of whales, the monetization scheme generally remains. You can generally make a lot of easy money from a few stupid people then trying to get a lot of money from the entire playerbase.

I was wondering where that loud THUD came from…

k
what are you doing about the smurfs though? That thorn in the game for years that you choose to ignore for money… what are you going to do?

You can see the music?

7 Likes

Hopefully a dev sees this and can answer:

What will be the implementation of cross-progression? If I currently have accounts on PC and PS4 will they be combined into one progression account? Or will this only apply to new OW2 progression?

i.e. I originally played on PS4 where I have Noire Widow, Pink Mercy, and several golden guns - but moved to PC where I have made much more progress. Will I be able to link those accounts to ‘unlock’ previously gained items cross-platform?

Did anyone notice the hanzo dragons on Cassidy’s gun during the trailer?! Is this an easter egg for Yeehan ship maybe?!

I’m glad it’s going F2P. Got the same concerns about Comp, smurfs and cheaters but I’m sorta hoping comp remains behind some kind of restriction be it paywall or otherwise.

No reason to block out QP and Arcade they’re just fun modes. Comp though I’d like a bit of structure even if it is a toxic cesspit at times.

2 Likes

I keep thinking back on the past, and how we had the Sombra ARG, the hints and clues of new heroes during the first few years of the game and how we would speculate (more reasonably than the past few years) of what might come.

It’s that same sort of, “I have no idea what’s coming but oh my god I cannot wait for it to come” excitement I have not felt in a long time. This is great. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

6 months after launch most of you won’t be around

1 Like