Overwatch 2 Known Issues - October 25, 2022

thanks. the merge button is broken for me but I’ll try at it later and hopefully it works.

PLEASE fix the “player is in a different version of overwatch”
the workaround doesn’t work, I really want to play with my husband :frowning:

Anyone having a problem on xbox when you get an achievement then you get disconnected from the server p.s im new and this is getting annoying

Mine was broken at first too so yours should definitely start working soon

1 Like

Na East! And of course, shoot me your discord or something!

Jesse, what the heck are you talking about? Half the game? You’re delusional. The new user experience locks you out of almost every hero. You have to play 150 games to unlock the base roster from OW1. “Wouldn’t players trying to get into the client be a higher priority than players not being able to play ranked and have access to cosmetics? Silly take.” What are you actually on about? The login issues ARE higher priority. Look at the update to this post that we are commenting on. The second thing in the list. That they are working on fixing. They are actively adding nodes to alleviate the database being overloaded for your login issue. And then look at what they said about the merge issues - that players should try to re-login and that they’re monitoring it. So blizzard has only done something to help your issue and SMS issues, nothing to help ours with accounts, and you’re insinuating that I think ours is higher priority? It’s not my fault their fix didn’t work for you. This is a thread to post about issues, & it’s easier for the team to fix them if we don’t get information wrong, so I merely made an addendum to your post specifying that the issue was more than cosmetics as you had claimed. Stop making it a contest.

1 Like

Finally got to a queue of 6, said entering server, then error lc-208…

5 Likes

Yep, same for me. Been getting that ever since launch.

1 Like

Hello fellow companions of the error code Ic-208. Almost 3 days and I’m unable to see a single menu screen in my account :sob: :dotted_line_face:

8 Likes

My merge said there was no queue in front of me and said I can restart my game, so I did, now I am back in the queue.

Burh seriously like wth. Why don’t they try and fix one issue at a time since all of doing all of them at once seems to “overload the server” the first priority should be make sure everyone can even join the game. I’m a ps4 player and I haven’t been able to get past the network error that sends me to the back of the queue every time it appears. Like how can I even care about the other issues if I cant even access the game. The second problem in terms of order but with equal priority should be fixing the locked characters. There is nothing more annoying than realizing “oh wait I waited hours to ger in and when I finally did my favorite character/main is locked” like seriously?!?. It already has been 48h since the launch and I still have not been able to even look at the main menu. and the worst part of it all is that we don’t even know when this will get actually fixed so it flows smoothly. We just gotta wait but hey we have been waiting for years what’s a little more huh? Blizzard really making all of us look like clowns while half the community is in, if its even half; wouldn’t be surprised if its less, while the other half has to sit wait and if it doesn’t work just see other players have fun and get to enjoy it :clown_face:

7 Likes

Well, i got in the game again, Ive been playing for like 5-6 hours, actually i’m still in the game. Everything went fine, no bugs, the game didnt kick me out. NA server, PS5.

1 Like

Hey there,

I bought the watchpoint pack back in june but i didnt get anything from it but the Microsoft store says i already own it.
Please help.

You really need to chill out and touch some grass. I’ve read more than you obviously, the most recent dev update explains this issue if you would just spend the time to find it " We’ve received a number of reports from players that their inventory in-game is partially or totally reset. We’ve determined that the cause for this discrepancy in approximately half of reported cases is players having not yet completed their account merge . This is understandable—one cause for this is due to a bug with the launch build not providing an account merge prompt on some consoles. We rolled out a partial UI fix earlier today to help some console players progress through the account merge flow, however, we are still working on fixes for additional UI issues. In the other half of reported cases for this issue, things are just taking longer than expected for items from the original Overwatch to transfer and populate in Overwatch 2. In all cases, no player data has been wiped or lost. We have a client-side fix for this that cannot be deployed until next week, so we are exploring server-side fixes and will provide updates as more information becomes available." Seeing as this is a simple merging bug, it stands to reason the unlock of characters are tied to this too. I never made it into a contest, your addendum wasn’t needed since the guy I was responding to was complaining about cosmetics! You’re merger bug will get fixed when everyone can play the game. Take a shower, sweaty!

What exactly are the steps to follow for relogging into the game? I am on Nintendo Switch.

1 Like

So then it seems the account linking for pc and console is causing people not to get in would disconnecting them work to get in the game or would that cause more headache? I still havent got in to the game yet

What? Chill out? You just told me to touch grass when I just calmly explained why I replied what I did. I don’t know why you want to start fights on blizzards behalf. I’m not here to fight you. They didn’t determine that it’s because players have not completed their account merge. They know it from the start because that is the issue we are reporting all day, we cannot do the merge. They did an UI fix so now you can see a position in queue which I already posted in this thread earlier if you check my posts, which does nothing because they didn’t fix the functionality of the account merge. It’s the same as the login issue where you see your position in queue and when it reaches 0 essentially nothing happens. “your addendum wasn’t needed since the guy I was responding to was complaining about cosmetics” Yes, it was. You just explained exactly why I felt the need to go into detail that it is more than cosmetics. Because the original comment you replied to only mentions them, and you only mention them. So I said it’s also heroes and ranked. That’s all, and then you got mad?

Same what should we do

Do you have your skins from overwatch 1 Im playing on ps5 too and I dont have them from overwatch 1 and I dont have the battlepass too

consecutives Queues of +1 hours each to get error messages, have’nt login yet since launch, im really about to just uninstall and forget this game for a while bro its just so annoying & frustating!!!

Seeyouontheotherside…“next year” :love_you_gesture:t4:

4 Likes