Overwatch 2 Known Issues - October 25, 2022

So I am a Overwatch 1 player. I played the first one a lot. There is no reason why, when I am actually able to log in to Overwatch2 that my Overwatch 1 characters are locked. for example Sigma LOL he’s one of my most used characters in part 1 and now its locked… I am not a first timer and this should not be locked to me… I hope to hear from someone soon, and that this is remedied swiftly. thank you again. and YES I have now logged out waited an eternity and logged back in and still nothing,… this is terrible…

I have this exact problem. Cannot even get past the login screen. I tried to merge my account a while back when it was popping up on the OW1 screen. But my Xbox account has always been linked to my battlenet which is odd.

My boyfriend is able to login successfully after a long queue. For me it gets to 0, then goes to ‘‘entering game’’ then I get the red server error text.

7 Likes

I wish I could just un-do it at this point. I don’t care about the PC cross progression right now. I just want to play on Xbox and I’ll deal with the merge once they have it fixed :frowning_face:

4 Likes

I’m still getting login errors on both pc and console have waited through that queue probably about 20 times now and spent 6 hours yesterday trying to get in and never got in. What is going on is there anything I can do to at least get into the game?

2 Likes

All my skins from Origins Edition are missing, I bought this version of the game on Xbox and the game is saying I have to buy it on PC, my accounts are merged so they should be equipable.

Welcome, friend. The LC-208 crew grow by the day lol

3 Likes

Asia servers works for those who are on PC. )))
Europe 900+ players Q.
It seems its not global, but who can work it out.
Bad for PS - cant choose region.

I bought the watchpoint pack on Xbox and I can play ow after a 400 que wait. But the premium battle pass should be included with the watchpoint pack. everything transferred from ow1-2 but I can access the premium stuff in the battle pass like its not active or something. The game wants me to buy it again

2 Likes

I wonder how near-zard will be tracked and compensated, because many people experience “individual” bugs.
For example, I was not given a free kit with battlepass, moneys and skins that blizzard promised all old players.

1 Like

All we can do is wait, apperantly… :confused: and it sucks.

4 Likes

I’m the opposite, I have the watchpoint pack but nothing transferred

1 Like

I’m someone affected as a O1 player whose account got “wiped” and is being treated as a new user and merge button will not work. Does anyone know if progressing on the blank account will affect my play experience once my account is back to normal?

2 Likes

Let me slow it down for you, THE… MERGE… ACCOUNT… BUTTON… IS… NOT… WORKING… FOR… LOTS… OF PEOPLE… So clearly that SOLUTION… NEEDS ANOTHER SOLUTION… because everything in the main menu is clearly glitched and bugged just like the login and servers are

2 Likes

I can’t even play the game. every time I try to play it causes my PC to reboot. this is incredibly frustrating as I was able to play a yesterday morning.

I’ve had my Battle.net account and Xbox linked for ages for things like the Genji Oni skin and the D.VA one and other events so I really don’t understand why all my progress and cosmetics are gone. It’s really sad as was excited to get back in to overwatch and feel so disinterested unless they fix this as the time and money for some of those skins I won’t get back, I also must’ve logged out and back in 10 times with no change as they said that’s helped resolve it but still nothing

Wow … still unable to enter the game … really great. Trying again and again and again and always one of the login errors. I was expecting some problems with launch but not this. Really getting pi__ed by now. My gf could start the game in the morning and is now receiving login errors again. I’m on PS5, bought the Watchpoint and am really disappointed. I hope that - should I somewhen able to play - it will be possible to start with Kiriko at least. Seems to be a problem as well with the Battle Pass?

Why being so patronizing ? Can’t have your point exposed without acting like a A hole ?

It never says its a fix, it just prompt you to try. I had this issue for hours, then somehow after X try it worked.

Progressing on the blank account will not cause any issues. Once your account is merged, you’ll get all your old stuff and keep the new progress.

2 Likes

i’m not able to even press on the account merge button after several times of closing application on ps5 to and getting back in queue and back into the game, each and every time I hope the account merge button will work but every single time, it just doesn’t work, I feel like I literally can’t do a single thing right now and I am about to just start playing on my reset account, BUT I BETTER BE ABLE to get my stats/progress back this is so ridiculous

1 Like

Just got on Xbox again and some positive developments. My watchpoint pack that I purchased has been given to me and the unlocked all characters now. My level, career stats, other cosmetics are still gone but hopeful to start seeing other things update/fix

1 Like