Overwatch 2 is pathetic

They were scummy enough to increase the prices by using OW1 Credits too. A spray that costs 25 OW1 credits will now cost 100 in OW2. It’s absurd.

8 Likes

At least it’s just microtransactions that don’t affect your game

I played Runescape for so many years, worked so hard and was nearly maxed and they forced upon a change to the combat system that made the majority of the playerbase quit the original game lol.

They literally had to create Runescape old school in an attempt to bring back old players, but we had to start all over again, our progress not transfer over from the original game…

3 Likes

im abandoning ship if the metascore is below 75, lets face it, i may love the game as much as the next person but if the reviews are as bad as im thinking they will be, im honestly not gonna spend money or time on a game that is gonna die in a year.

micro-wise i know its my kind of game, just like Saints Row. Macro-wise, the game needs to survive and if no one is playing it, im putting money on a literal dead game

2 Likes

I have to say this but World of Warships doesn’t require this amount of grind then OW2 does plus it has way more free cosmetics and much more ways to get to credits which can be used to get cosmetics.

THEN DON’T PLAY are you being held at gun point to play the game? can’t believe you guys are like legit man children incapable of deciding to do or not to do something especially because it’s something as minuscule as a video game…

10 posts.

who wants to play Guess The Main with me?

6 Likes

my main is miketyson i was (and still am) an ego maniac complaining about the terrible balancing of df back in season 20 something.

you didn’t even let me guess :unamused:

don’t worry, they’re fixing him in OW2! make sure to stick around!

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

they butchered everything fun about him and if you want to leave cause the gameplay seem’s off then yeah i can agree but most people are crying for 10$ as if they don’t spend 30+ on delivery for their food they talk about coorperate prices and think they’re above everyone while paying hundred’s of dollars over shoes, clothes, computers etc and if you can’t afford it? don’t buy it lol this isn’t a cartoon where if you don’t have something you’re the laughing stock of the class NO ONE CARES

I’m okay with there being a cash shop. I don’t agree with the prices, but like any other shop, if I don’t agree with the prices I just don’t buy it. I am far less okay with the BP, especially since it’s full of garbage.

But I question, in exchange for all the aggressive monotization, what are we actually getting? It says OW2, but after all the wait it’s only 3 new heroes; and, afaik, they deleted 5 maps and added 6… so we’re getting net 1 map.

Doesn’t really seem like a lot of value when 95% of the game is recycled from a paid for product.

3 Likes

Knowing how passionate you are with OW, you might as well stick with it, bud. Try it for yourself without dropping extra money, and if the game sucks for you, then yes, leave. It’s F2P after all.

This is interesting, because the other people complaining about complainers are making fun of them because they don’t have enough money to do things like that. Guess you can’t win. Either you’re rich enough to pay these silly prices and shouldn’t complain, or you’re too poor to pay them, and shouldn’t be allowed to have fun.

1 Like

i adored the betas, not phased by the prices which are standard these days. i guess im more scared for the future of the population if anything

The betas and the prices are the reasons you’re worried about the games future because they both suck.

1 Like

Hey. I don’t know who you are but I feel you should stay gone. One video game creating so much vitriol and anger in a person must be unhealthy. Hopefully you find a more positive outlet for your time. Good luck.

You still do care a lot about that game, otherwise you wouldn’t be here writing this wall of text.

I left the game 3 years ago and came back to the forums a few weeks ago and I’m very hyped for OW2.
Why I’m telling you this? I’m quite sure you’ll come back next week to play OW2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

You missed out “the challenges are things which will effect how people play the game, and will chase things like environmental kills with Zen’s boot” to get them.

1 Like

Population is definitely a reasonable concern, I agree, especially for an online-only game like Overwatch. However, while it’s fine to gauge the reviews and see how this affects OW2’s longevity, The F2P model means you could test it yourself and form your own opinion without any losses on your end, even if the game dies within a month. You could then go back to the reviews and see what people think about it.

Here’s what I would suggest. Continue playing, but don’t buy anything and monitor closely for any signs of a player sparcity. Milk the player numbers as much as you can then bail the moment you notice any signs of the playerbase falling.

1 Like

Remember, reviews are just another’s opinion from their own personal perspective. From experience that I have had, always try it for yourself, if you can and are able to of course. Come to your own conclusions because you may regret missing out on something you may like simply because another tried pushing what they said onto you as fact.

I myself has done so in the past, thinking that other people knew what was right for me because they were “professionals” I was upset that I listened to people when I ended up loving a game they hated. Just use your gut.

This doesn’t just apply to games in general, I mean for all things in life, shows, movies, food, anything. Always be your own judge.

2 Likes

I gotta ask what were your others? This is the second IP I like that’s burning the first being Halo.

Overwatch came out during the Halo 5 days and when I played it I felt the passion and fun I had playing the Bungie games again, it’s sad to see the state of Overwatch it still has so much potential…