"Overwatch 2" - Fact and Rumor List

This would assume the same team (Jeff Kaplan and the rest of team 4) is working on the new project. If it is a new team, then expect a whole new game. This is information we don’t have but given that we have a surge of new features lately (Workshop, Replays). It could very well be an independent game.

I can’t believe we are going to have to wait until Blizzcon to hear any news. No wonder they’ve been so silent lately.

BlizzCon is Blizzard’s formal announcement platform (they don’t appear at E3 and cancelled their appearance at Gamescom this year). Again, this is not necessarily the same team so the past silence is not a viable indication of things to come.

1 Like

Exactly. This is currently working really well for Fortnite. Personally, it’s a welcome addition in my book. I’ve always preferred the PvE aspects of it and really like story based campaigns and the like.

More Overwatch for all is a good thing, guys! It means they’ve not given up on it and they’ve got plenty more to share with us. :blush:

3 Likes

I’m going to take it as a viable indication of things to come until proven otherwise anyway, but thanks for the info.

haha brilliant

release a side pve game to get the casuals out of competitive mode

brilliant jeff!

I can’t wait for
“Throwverwatch 2: Throw Harder”

3 Likes

No problem, just remember the 190th Rule of Acquistion. Hear All, Trust Nothing.

6 Likes

This post should get pinned for easy reference.

Nah… its merely a news rumormill thread. I just try to sort out facts as I collect them. I will try to keep it updated if worthy.

Yeah I really cannot understand why people cannot grasp that OW is a Lore IP, and multiple games are expected from it…

1 Like

Hopefully Overwatch 2 will come out and be amazing. Hopefully it doesnt take 3 more years thanks to this movie they have to make.

Realistically, if there is any annoucements at this year’s BlizzCon, expect the actual game to come out at least a year afterward (if not more).

3 Likes

i like the way you think, ow has always needed more mini golf <3

Yeah well look at what happened to Red Dead Redemption 2, it took foreverrr and they didnt even have to make a movie plot to fit around it.

I kinda worry OW2 will spit the community apart, especially if it is really a PvE game. I wouldn’t surprise if more than half of the playerbase move over to OW2 and forget about OW

If it is truly a PvE Game

Does this mean no more archives event and it will be all on Overwatch 2?

They must have a fetish for cancelling Starcraft based shooter. Rip Ghost, at least we got a fancy Nova skin for Widow instead.

Blizz:
“We wanna make Overwatch a successfull long time project”
Also Blizz:
“Lol, here you have Overwatch 2”

1 Like

Thank you for the clearing of this!
Fingers crossed for new games :crossed_fingers::grimacing:

The disappointing thing, if this is all true, is that they chose to make a completely new game for story content instead of adding it to the main game. It’s immensely greedy in all honesty.

Myself I’d worry about splitting the fanbase again.

Overwatch PvE would mean a lot of people will play it rather then comp - so I’d expect comp numbers to drop.

I myself am looking forward to Overwatch 2 (if it happens). I’ll be interested in what it does to Overwatch 1.