Overwatch 2 Explained: Battle Pass, Shop, Hero Unlocks, and more

If they were aware of support queue problems, why not make one of the other heroes BP-gated? Baffling.
I’m also worried about the halloween event being monetized in some blatant way.

5 Likes

Yeah the game is going to die. You don’t make the game lowkey P2W while sticking a middle finger to the role that makes or breaks launch queues, at the very moment the game needs needs to make a positive impression. They won’t get the chance to OW3 their way out of this mess.

17 Likes

i was just informing him that he read the article wrong…

will only kiriko be unlocked for ow1 players or will we get all new heroes and the lock is for new accounts only?

We’re getting practically no new content of actual substance after 3 years of no updates. Everything they talk about is “challenges, missions, tiers, levels, XP, unlocks, grind”. What ever happened to playing a video game for fun? This is the same garbage as every other soulless F2P game out there.

32 Likes

Sojourn and JQ are unlocked for everyone. Kiriko is a “free reward” for OW1 players, new accounts need to unlock her.

1 Like

Wait… so we’re STILL only getting 6 new legendaries per event?

6 Likes

not what i asked, i asked if the founder pack bonus is all future heroes or just kiriko

So how can every other game afford to do it? Even Call of Duty and Apex

5 Likes

probably, but there’s also the battlepass legendaries and shop legendaries

I’d give you 10-1 odds that only Kiriko is a “free reward” for OW1 players, future heroes will start locked. If there’s good news, they’d have told us.

1 Like

I’m sorry but the game will probably not die. The gaming model they’re going with is so commonplace it’s laughable. The only people who will be outraged are those who have never moved beyond Overwatch.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t even mention apex dude, all their skins look like the blue cosmetics in this game

3 Likes

I don’t think this model is going to do well. I think people will realize after a couple of weeks that it’s just OW, and move on.

9 Likes

yeah, what i thought.
it’s all smoke and mirrors to make the bitter pill sweeter

5 Likes

The game desperately needs new and returning players. Having a frustrating initial experience and hearing nothing but bad things is going to drive a lot of people away.

9 Likes

Okay. See you in October 4th.

2 Likes

So we know that giant shuriken insider viewing whatever was complete rubbish then?

2 Likes

Still no word on golden weapon points being carried over/usable?

1 Like

Blizzard, PLEASE.

Don’t do WEEKLY fomo. Like, at the very least, keep it limited to a discounted bundle price for a weekly fomo if you must, but let the individual cosmetics be permanently available for their regular price. Please, blizzard. I’m begging you.

13 Likes