Overwatch 2 does not use any of my GPU

While playing Overwatch 2 I experience regular large drops in FPS even though I run the game at Low-Medium settings and have a i7-10750H and a RTX3060 and 32GB of RAM. I went ahead and opened task manager while playing and realised overwatch does not utilise my GPU at all. This does not happen with any other game. I play on a gaming laptop and do not have integrated graphics from what I can tell, I always have my laptop plugged in and have updated my drivers, scanned and repaired my files and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I’ve gone through as my tutorials for this as I have found and have gone into every nook and cranny in my settings prioritising my 3060 when running overwatch, and yet nothing has worked. There is nothing more frustrating than dying during a heated teamfight because your fps dropped and you simply couldn’t react to an ability. Any advice would be much appreciated, Thank you.

Probably just the Windows bug. Known Technical Support Issues - Updated Oct 13, 2021 - #20 by Drakuloth - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

Thank you for your reply, my FPS is still staggeringly unstable even with all low settings which I don’t experience with other triple A games and with overwatch 1. I’m not sure where to go from here and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

what is your average fps and what does it drop to? a solution may be to update your drivers.

In NVIDIA Control Panel, at the top click Desktop then “Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area”. Then next time you launch the game there should be an icon on the taskbar that lets you see what is being run on GPU.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.