Overwatch 2 developer blog: Season 1 updates with new executive producer, Jared Neuss

The sentiment behind this post is fine, but yeah he really said almost nothing of substance. Normally if you want to convince your community that you’re going to improve things, you need to offer them something concrete. He said in the beginning “sharing plans before they’re finalized is risky”, as if he was about to share a bunch of un-finalized plans, but then he didn’t say a thing.

1 Like

I just wanted to say: thank you for the update and that you look into the support problem, giving at least 1 skins to play for, for the next events and that you wanting to work on long term progression and work on better challenges. Looks good.

Lets hope that S2 goes more smoothly than S1.

2 Likes

Made me chuckle, but yeah. They made the design choice of having her rely on damage in order to heal so it’s kind of a self-own.

and the career profile of almost everyone being frozen since week 1

1 Like

In Season 2, we’ve changed up our rewards a bit so that each event has a skin you can earn by playing

Thank you

We’re discussing targeted support hero reworks, game system updates, and even some role-wide changes to improve support quality of life.

Good luck on that as it was already a problem on OW1 but I share the wish of some reworks.

The rest is full of promises so wait and see

2 Likes

That too (I didn’t bother about my career profile since i play P vs AI and Arcade but yeah, this is really important)

Looks promising, but I need to see the changes in action first. Commitments have been made in the past that have not been fulfilled. I hope you guys make the BP more rewarding by handing out coins for both the free and premium tiers. Or make the weekly challenge payout much, much higher. 60 coins/week is just laughably bad. Also, lower the prices of the skins while you’re at it.

4 Likes

i would say correct. which is why support queues are instant.
if we factor in all the impulsive nerfs which triggered support exodus:
mercy exodus undeniable. lucio, bap, brig, players, exodus also highly noticeable. like who wakes up, queues up and says, “yeah i wanna do some nerfed support”. endless impulsive nerfs triggered a support exodus.

Please give us an update on fixing career profiles not showing current season stats for console. Ps5 and my career profile is trashed

Fewer players on a Role results in faster queue times on a Role.

If Support queue times are instant, then there aren’t enough Support players…

yes. which is what i said.

1 Like

I hope they don’t change Mercy too much, I’m really enjoying her at the moment. :confused:

If so, then I think there’s a misunderstanding there somewhere.

Also wanna say the new weekly quest is much better.

Earn 250 assists/saves is much less stressful than 10 team kills!

1 Like

DO SOMETHING about nonRQ modes

He said that they are working on a better progression system for season 3 and that they are reworking supports and game systems in favor of supports.

yes. on my end actually. i misread. i thought you said supports ARE 40% of player base. lol i was like huh? you said AREN’T.

2 Likes

Ez, just give a Tank heroes -30% health in Non-RoleQueue modes.

To be fair, they do specify “DPS Moira,” which is understood by scientists to be a subspecies of Moira main.

2 Likes

Don’t think it was the nerfs as such as the fact the DPS passive is primarily what made support so awful to play to begin with.

That and how support played with the double shield era of OW1 is completely different to how OW2 support plays and there was that learning curve. Some people would have gone yeah don’t like it and leave but it was an adjustment for all sides.

I’ve been playing support since beta of OW1 and it’s in a pretty good place now aside from tuning and a couple of heroes needing some examination. (brig and mercy need some looking at. Mercy moreso as a way of outputting more damage to manage a 1v1.)