Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

Linked battle.net and twitch.tv accounts in both directions. Please fix this!

muck4d#2312

2 Likes

… and yes, more drops are coming. But I have already one!!

Spent hours checking my account and all the settings and folllowing these threads in last two days,nothing happeded,well done.

4 Likes

37hours after claiming my drop, still no beta in battle.net launcher either.
I’ve linked my twitch/battle.net in both directions.

5 Likes

Adding my info here for the record. Connections both ways, and performed the program run as well.
AwkSocilNerd#5286

4 Likes

Well it’s day 3 and still no beta for me. This reminds me of Winston’s voiceline “How embarrassing!”

Maybe the next beta roll out will go better for blizzard. I’m sure they learned a lot from this experience.

3 Likes

40+ hours squad assemble

7 Likes

I hope the beta is here for longer than a week :frowning: . Still have yet to receive access as well DasUberDucke#1416.

3 Likes

I think I saw somewhere that it will be around for like 3 weeks. Don’t remember where I saw that though so can’t quote it.

1 Like

40+ squad

Twist3r#11227

1 Like

Can we please get an update? So many people have the game sitting in the twitch inventory and are waiting to play, but if we are not going to be helped can someone just say so? I would like to at least know that nothing is going to be done so I can stop checking the forums and move on from this after 40 + hours. I guess I can create another usless support ticket that can get an auto response and then ingnored…

1 Like

It’s been 19 hours since I claimed the beta drop and it still doesn’t show up on battle.net. My id is F3N1X#21549

2 Likes

It’s been 20 hours since I claimed the beta drop and it still doesn’t show up on battle.net. My id is frogsayhi#4634

1 Like

Been over 20 hours since claimed, both linked on twitch and battle net. SnurSnur#1913

No email or showing on my end

1 Like

So I’m linked in both directions but my Twitch inventory shows the OW2 beta PVP access drop as having a checkmark, is that normal when I a) haven’t clicked it; and b) nothing’s appeared in the battlenet client for me? Regardless, everyone’s posting their battletag who has been accepted via Twitch and is still waiting so I may as well, in case Blizzard revisits this post: #lastcall11170

I was around from the beginning of the drops period and claimed it right away after the four hours. I was also using my laptop to get it for my girlfriend since she wasn’t around to do it herself. She got it quickly but I had nothing until now.

What fixed it for me was simply reinstalling the Battle.net client. (Note: not Overwatch… JUST the Battle.net client).

You can seemingly do this from the control panel, but that was throwing an error back at me, so instead I manually deleted the files from their respective folders. I opened task manager and opened the file location for both ‘Agent.exe.’ and ‘Battle.net.exe’ and deleted their contents. I backed them up first of course, but I doubt that was necessary.

After that, I simply reinstalled the client and there was the tech beta immediately in the drop down list. Hopefully this might help at least some of you that haven’t tried reinstalling the battle.net app yet.

2 Likes

I was really hoping that this would work but it did not :frowning:

1 Like

Out of curiosity, had you already tried switching to the beta version of the launcher (battle.net not overwatch 2 beta) before reinstalling? My working theory is that would have caused the OW2 Beta to show up for you too.

I have hit the 2 day mark of claiming my Beta Access and still cannot see it on my battlenet app. I had received my lootboxes just fine right after claiming the beta. I tried reaching out to Blizz and they said they dont control it. To reach out to twitch.

Twitch says That they don’t distribute the keys and that it is Blizz’s responsibility. I am getting the run around and all I want to do is participate in a game I enjoy. I have been playing OW since release and just want a chance to provide feedback. I was given the chance but cant play.

I am happy to provide any screenshots necessary to a team member who can assist. I just don’t know what to do. I definitely see that there is active communication going on. I am happy to remain patient. I just want some validation to my claim.

Most Blizz reps keep informing me that the account doesn’t show a beta license. This seems to be the cause of most confusion.

1 Like

WyomingMyst says the system is different. In other words, the method by which claiming and getting the prime gaming lootboxes works is different than how the OW2 Beta works.