Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

I did not participate, however one thing that I noticed from your earlier post is that you said that the battle.net connections page should show twitch as one of the permitted apps, however mine only said prime gaming. After I unlinked via twitch and relinked, the twitch authorized app showed up in addition to the prime gaming one. This could be the cause of the issue, as I think the older connection didn’t have the twitch part, and only the prime gaming authorization. The prime gaming one was sufficient enough to get the lootboxes and the other stuff in the past though, but those weren’t drops, just prime rewards.

2 Likes

i just got it after 7 hours stay strong gamers its shall come

2 Likes

appreciated. thanks for keeping us posted.

After earning the Reaper sprays I never made any significant changes to my account (no name changes, suspensions/bans, or unlinking any accounts). My Twitch account had my BattleNet account listed under ‘connections’ and my BattleNet account had Twitch listed under ‘authorized applications’.

Around 30 minutes after the Beta Access dropped on Twitch, I added Twitch to ‘connected accounts’ under my BattleNet as well, as I noticed the drop down option in the launcher was taking a while to show up. I’m not sure if that counts as significant, as the last 3 Twitch-Overwatch events (Code of Violence, New Blood, Ashe Challenge) have had drops working perfectly fine prior to me doing this.

Idk if the following is relevant, but I play both PC and PS4 Overwatch under the same BattleTag and OWL Tokens/Contenders/Twitch drops all eventually came to arrive correctly on both platforms after working through initial hiccups.

I have 36 cents in mine. Take it, please give me my key.

Andy B, We love you and appreciate you! Please help us get in. Sqwiishy#1615

1 Like

maybe could just allow beta to everyone who has bought overwatch? just to speed things up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully all gets fixed and i get access :slight_smile:

dont do it, you may have to wait longer

1 Like

andy join the discord fr its for troubleshooting purposes

Thank you for keeping us in the loop <3

thank you but day ruined ngl

1 Like

I tried getting the 2 prime gaming loot boxes as a test if I linked my account properly. I got it instantly if that’s any help

1 Like

This is my issue. Afraid to disconnect my account from twitch and reconnect to get that showing on the Authorized Connections though.

I just need to know what its gonna look like when it happens…i already claimed and connected accounts both ways within the allotted time. i just need to know what im looking for.

a little alert icon on the bnet launcher?
an email?
a raven?

I don’t understand why Blizzard doesn’t just make this an open beta at this point? You’ve already made people watch 4 hours and now some people are in the 7 hour POST stream waiting queue. This makes no sense to me? I get why you wouldn’t do it from a marketing standpoint (getting as many viewers to make OW on the front page of Twitch) but now? Just open the beta and skip trying to trouble shoot a problem made solely for marketing purposes. This all seems so extra.

Oh I did that before coming to the forums so I didn’t know, def should have checked here first before doing it on my on intuition

they plan on milking beta drops again for OWL so that’s a no go.

1 Like

It just appears as an option on the drop down, like the PTR.

1 Like

I accidentally unlinked and relinked my twitch to battle.net before I claimed the beta. It wasn’t working and I thought that might fix it.
Tyesork#1666