Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

Wow, thanks captain obvious

1 Like

been over 2 hours for me and i have confirmed everything

4 Likes

LMFAO they created the problem themselves by having this be a Twitch thing - it never had to be

And then second, they have battle.net client - just give the option to download ahead of time so on the 27th it’s there if you wanted it

Like, it’s not hard guys

3 Likes

OWL just tweeted out that they are only giving out 1500 keys per hours… is that actually correct because if so that means you only have like a 0.001% chance of getting in each hour and its gonna take the full month to give out all the keys? wtf

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for two hours and 21 minutes. I’ve refreshed my cache and made sure all my accounts are correct. I also have a license for the account. I have no idea what’s wrong.

If you add it within the first hour after you redeemed the drop, you shouldn’t have a big delay. Any longer than that will cause significant delays

2 Likes

Not sure I agree that anything they’re doing here is scummy. It’s an hour or 2 inconvenience to test the game. You can always wait until next year and pay for the game if that’s more your style.

I have both an account and my twitch is properly linked, it has been 3 hours almost now… cmon devs

2 Likes

been 2 hours, all of this has already been done. Still no download. This is very poggers.

Hi Andy,

I’ve been over 2 hours now. My account is linked. My wife got hers in 5 minutes and we claimed at the exact same time. I had previously changed my battletag in the past and I unlinked and relinked prior to completing the 4 hours and claiming the drop.

Is that causing a problem with accounts being granted access? Did I screw myself over?

1 Like

Quadruple checked everything, followed instructions above multiple times, been 2 hours 15 minutes and no beta download option.

1 Like

My BNET account has been linked to my Twitch account for months. I also double checked last night to be sure. Still nothing for nearly 3 hours.

3 Likes

WyomingMyst, is it entirely possible that reconnecting the same Blizzard account to the same Twitch account could resolve this issue?

Okay, this is just upsetting. My wife started watching and claiming about 20 or 30 minutes after I was able to and she’s already got access to it.

Twitch says it is linked to the same account but in Europe, everything is the same except my battle net says it is situated in the Americas. Should I just give up on receiving the game or will it arrive?

1 Like

Man, it’s more like 2 hours on average here. 2h22 if you ask me, we’ve done everything you asked for, it does not work.

3 Likes

he only had 2 forum posts, i wonder how many of these new accounts randomly spouting defense of blizzard are made just because of ow2 and this promo

I’ve been seeing conflicting reports about the name change thing. Will this be an issue or not? I put a ticket in just in case.

1 Like

So you don’t know anything about the process, gotcha! :slight_smile:

I just realized my battle.net account wasn’t linked to my twitch account and I’ve been watching for 4 hours lol. Guess this means no beta key?

I have done everything but still no drop access almost 2 and a half hours in. Linked my twitch and Bnet appropriately prior to anything. No issues getting the drop. I have claimed it. Anything else I can do to try and get it to work? Thanks.

3 Likes