Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

I recently change my Bnet name, but I already claimed the drop with my old battlenet name linked in my Twitch, I relinked my new battnet name, will I still get the access to the beta?! Please just give me the access, I watched for 4 hours! it’s been like 40 minutes since!

3 Likes

Thank you for the update!

I have watched the 4 hours, have my accounts linked and own overwatch but i still cant start or see overwatch 2 beta in the dropdown and its been 1 hour.

2 Likes

This happened to me and now I’ve lost my beta code. Is there a way I can get it recovered? The account is the same i just changed the name

1 Like

Question: I was watching on two browsers with two accounts, one for me and one for a friend that couldn’t watch or leave his PC up.

The drops bar filled up for both accounts, mine was a few seconds ahead so they were progressing for both seperate accounts respectively - I claimed mine manually, when I swapped browsers to claim his drop, it had already been claimed. His battlenet and twitch are fully connected, will he still get access?

It’s a server issue, apparently. Lots of people are waiting rn :frowning:

we’re working on increasing server capacity as we speak

4 Likes

Been resetting my BNET multiple times, resetting my PC a couple of times as well as changing regions but still nothing after an hour. :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s just been 1 hour and I still don’t have the beta having claimed the drop, please, this is inadmissible!!!

3 Likes

In my Twitch account settings, it said my Battle.net account was connected. When I went into my Battle.net account settings, it said I didn’t have a Twitch account connected. I had already claimed the drop on Twitch by the time I noticed this, but I connected my Twitch account on Battle.net once I noticed the issue. Will the OW2 beta still be added to my account? It’s still not appearing for me and I claimed it an hour ago.

8 Likes

For you, wait a while then start a support ticket. (Right now it is not a good time due to the high traffic from everyone)

2 Likes

Will the beta be extended two days to account for lack of invites and server flood?

2 Likes

I claimed my access dead on the four-hour mark and that’s me been waiting an hour for access.

Is there something specifically wrong with my account? Haha

6 Likes

When it says

UNEXPECTED server error.

would you pay me to be the guy that predicts these kinds of situations so you can a) prevent them from happening by preparing the tech or b) write “expected server error” instead?

Do not expect the beta to be extended for only this reason. They may extend further if they need more playtest time for other reasons.

1 Like

Wife and I claimed our drop at the same exact time, She got hers in about a few minutes while its been over an hour for me and still nothing. Followed all troubleshooting steps posted above.

Also I know my twitch account is connected to my blizzard account since I was able to retrieve the 2 golden loots boxes

1 Like

I watched actively for 4 hours, had my blizzard account linked. But now I realised I had my old battletag and name (used free name change). Does it still go through as it’s basically the same account? I’m feeling quite stressed now

2 Likes

Friendly re-post!

Please remember to check your BattleNet account on occasion it may take some time before the access is granted after you claim your drop.

Remember to check for updates in the App Launcher

Clear your BattleNet Cache:

Try switching regions on the LIVE version to resolve “No License Found” errors.

1. Switch to a different region
  2. Log into overwatch then log off
  3. Switch back
  4. Check for updates
1 Like

Yes. Mine is only connected on twitch and i got this drop and have got lots of other drops

1 Like

I claimed the access and still got nothing :confused:

You guys should have planned this better…

7 Likes

I’m sorry, but I’ve already tried all that and I still don’t have the beta after 1 hour!

3 Likes