Overwatch 2 Beta Twitch Drops Troubleshooting - UPDATED INFO

ATTENTION EVERYONE! FOR THOSE WHO STILL DON’T SEE THE BETA IN BATTLE.NET

Hey everyone, Blizzard Customer Support has chimed in over the last day with a solution that may help those who did successfully claim the drop but the download is not showing up in the BattleNet launcher.

To verify your correct account is linked to Twitch, go to Twitch and inspect to make sure your correct BattleNet account is displayed there. If it is not, you must go to the BattleNet account that is displayed to find your Beta Access for Overwatch.

Another way to verify if your account is flagged for Beta is by logging out and back into the forums. If the Beta feedback forums appear, then that definitely means your account is flagged for beta access. If you do not see those forums, then that means your Twitch account was not connected to that BattleNet account.

TWITCH DROPS PROMOTION HAS ENDED

The window to earn watch time has ended. Don’t worry there will be more chances to earn drops soon and there will be more Beta tests throughout the year if you don’t make it into this one. The next available drops promotion for those who did not participate in the Twitch one will be available on the Overwatch League opening weekend.

42 Likes

If I start the stream before the event starts, will the hours begin accumulating immediately when the time comes or do I have to refresh the stream first?

1 Like

They should begin automatically, but I strongly recommend that you check and pay attention to make sure there will be no problems.

6 Likes

How can one track their time in real-time?

Edit: Does inventory show progress or does it only show completed/not?

1 Like

I’m not sure if this would cause any problems but I’d like to add- Please check the account you have linked on Twitch if you’ve changed your Battle.Net ID since you first linked accounts. I checked today just to make sure and saw in my Twitch settings that this account’s original name was listed as the “linked” account. I had to unlink and re-link my Battle.net to get Twitch to update.

2 Likes

Go to twitch.tv/drops/inventory to track your time

This :arrow_up:

2 Likes

Is the beta drop going to appear in the campaign section in twitch.tv/drops/inventory ?

DROPS are now enabled! Watch four hours starting now until 2022-04-28T01:00:00Z to earn an Overwatch 2 Beta invite!

2 Likes

If there’s an upper limit of people allowed to join the beta I’m going to be upset.

4 Likes

There is not. Anyone who gets 4 hours get Beta.

7 Likes

I’m watching Jay3 my favorite strimmer who I even spent $5 on again to sub to while waiting for my free Prime to come back. Time to go outside and walk and enjoy this lovely 71 degree weather with 25% humidity.

My concern is even after 5 mins the % progress is still 0%?

1 Like

At twitch drop page:

There are no Drops campaigns available currently.

Please check back soon.

wth?

Yup, can confirm, it appears in my inventory.

Refresh the page on occasion and double-check at twitch.tv/drops/inventory

Refresh the page and make sure you are watching an eligible streamer on the Overwatch (NOT Overwatch 2) category.

Yeah it’s at 2% now… other drop campaigns have never been that slow. I bet Blizz caps the beta people. Servers will 100% crash later today/tonight.

1 Like

It tends to be a little slow, the progress update is delayed but you will still get it.

Been watching the seagull, seems to have started now

Mine is not linking,I’m going to miss out on stupid glitch.