Overwatch 2 Beta Installation Quick Tips

Hey everyone, if you are selected for the Overwatch 2 Beta either by opt-in or by purchasing the Watchpoint Bundle and don’t see the install right away for your platform. Please follow these quick tips.

• You may need to restart BattleNet (if on PC) or fully shut down and restart your console to refresh and recheck for the license.
  • To access Overwatch 2 Beta if you purchased Watchpoint Pack for Playstation 5 users:
    • Search for Overwatch Watch Point Pack in store
    • Click into the Watchpoint product
    • Click the ellipses on the side where you should have an option for beta product to download
  • To access Overwatch 2 Beta if you purchased Watchpoint Pack for X-Box users:
    • If you have auto-downloads on, Watchpoint Pack will automatically begin downloading in your game library
    • If you do NOT have auto-downloads on, you need to search for the Watchpoint Pack in store and can download there.
  • Access to the beta for eligible users may come in waves throughout the day today, however from what I have seen it is pretty smooth and instant for most so far.
  • For those who purchased the Watchpoint bundle, remember you can only access the Beta from the platform you purchased it on. So if you purchased on BattleNet, you can only play on the PC platform, PlayStation Store for PlayStation, and Microsoft Store for Xbox.
  • The Beta is not available for Nintendo Switch users, even if they purchased the Watchpoint bundle for that platform.
  • Emails will likely arrive much later for anyone who does get into the Beta, and will most likely appear in a promotions folder for your email client.
  • It is expected a small portion of users who opted-in will get in starting today. Access to the beta will roll out throughout the next few weeks and everyone who successfully opted in before the Beta started should get access no later than July 14th. (You can no longer opt-in for this beta test.)
  • If you get access to the Beta you should get access to the Beta Feedback Forum channels here on the official forums. You must fully log off and log back into the forums in order to refresh your forum account and access the beta feedback channels.

Issues under investigation

• Blizzard is aware that European players on PlayStation may be getting immediate disconnection error messages when trying to log in and is working to resolve the issue
4 Likes

What about the PS4 players that bought the watchpoint pack and still cant get the beta download?

Remember, the beta should appear in your library and it will be labeled as the Overwatch 2 Beta, NOT the watchpoint pack.

Hey. I bought the watchpoint pack on the overwatch website and Im pretty sure I connected it to my playstation account. Did i accidentally sign up for pc?

Yes you did. You can either choose to play on PC, or request a refund on BattleNet in your Account Page.

unfortunately it is not. I will also go to the PS store and it states that it is free but can not do anything with it. Is this a Sony/PS problem.

Most likely yes? By any chance did you request a refund because you accidentally purchased multiple of the Watchpoint bundle?

I just rebought it on the ps4 store and it says it cant download because I already have ow1. Am i doing something wrong?

Yes you are correct.

That seems to be an issue based on other players reporting a similar issue. Unfortunately I feel only PlayStation support can resolve it

I just saw the beta option. now i just gotta wait for the email i guess. thank you

I wouldn’t worry about not being able to download it guys. Nobody can sign in anyway.

1 Like

Lets say this problem doesn’t get fixed. Can I still get access by the opt-in option or once I bought the pack I was removed from the opt-in pool?

I don’t have an answer on that unfortunately.

i bought it twice on the ps store and got a refund for one one of them and im having trouble downloading it

I feel like that is besides the point I would feel much more comfortable if I was even just to download the beta and wait to sign. Then not being able to do either especially since I paid for instant access.

I bought it yesterday and the same response popped up; it said the pack had an issue downloading, but again its possibly because the beta didn’t unlock until today.

I am checking it now, to see if it works–
it is currently downloading…

how do i download mine it wont let me download it on the ps5 or on the app

the overwatch 2 game has popped up on my games list in the ps4 home menu

Have any of you tried downloading it now, after restaring the ps4?

1 Like