Overwatch 2 at 0% cpu and gpu usage

Hello
Whenever I launch the game, the game freezes for awhile then launches me back into the login menu. After I entered my username/ password the game searches for a server and then freezes to a halt, I check task manager and often find out the CPU usage for overwatch is less than 3% and the GPU at 0%
Specs: intel i5 6200u 2.7 boost clk, 2.3 base
8GB of ram
intel HD graphics 520

That Intel HD 520 GPU does not meet the minimum requirements for Overwatch 2.

I take this is a laptop with that cpu model?

The baked in Intel HD Graphics don’t cut it for gaming unfortunately. That iGPU will also “borrow” a portion of your 8GB of ram as it doesn’t have it’s own VRAM.

yeah it is, it used to run ow1 just fine and sometimes let me into 2 for 30 fps in practice range but i guess i am pretty much locked out of the game

What is your definition of just fine?

That iGPU is literally just for basic display purposes and is in no way designed for gaming. I am surprised you even managed to get OW1 working on it in the first place.

An extra 8gb of ram might help btw, because as I mentioned your iGPU is using up a portion of your DDR RAM.

i ran it on 45 ~ 60 fps, 30 with alot of clutter and stuff flying back and forth.
Update: I have managed to launch ow2 ONCE and made it to practice range at 22 ~30 fps but it froze a while later, at least i was in practice range

Hi,

There seems to be a possible fix that could work for “unsupported systems”. A blue has replied here, but some of it are not directly supported by Blizzard:

I found a solution:
open the game settings and find command line arguments and drop this in
–tank_WorkerThreadCount X
X as in the number of cores your device is using rn
it will take awhile and your game might freeze but be patient with it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.