Overwatch 1 running on fumes

The current game is such a drag with the same old recycled content since ending the hero count with Echo & with other games right now like Forza Horizon 5, COD Vanguard & Back 4 Blood taking the spotlight for me personally but with what 2022 offers with the likes of Horizon Fobbiden West, Gran Turismo 7, Elden Ring, Stalker 2, Dying Light 2, Pokemon Legends Arceus, God of War Ragnarok, Halo Infinite, Starfield, Red Fall & Potentially Red Dead Redemption Remaster then it will only take the hardcore Overwatch player to resist that list of games so heres a question for you all,

Where would you rank Overwatch among this list of games in 2022 in terms of playing regularly if you bought any of them?

3 Likes

I have a :poop: laptop to play in as I save money for a decent PC
Thankfully I can play OW with no issues other than overheat, but 60 FPS no framedrops.
If I could, I’d play Sekiro and Doom Eternal as much as I could.
Those are S-tier games for me RN, also Hollow Knight, Blasphemous, the new Isaac DLC and Minecraft - yep it’s looking promising with the upcoming updates. You hear that Blizz? UPDATES. On a game that you spend 20 EURO once and never pay more. On THE BEST SANDBOX GAME EVER MADE.

Overwatch right now is waiting for OW2 simulator while trying to stay possitive and have faith that the devs will hear us, but given that Blizz never does that, I highly doubt they will start doing it now.

I’m hyped for Elden Ring, Black Myth Wukong and Hollow Knight Silksong. Other than that if you have a Switch you can have lots of fun with the new Animal Crossing and Zelda games. I think a new one is coming next year too. Oh and not to forget my baby Metroid give Dread a try it’s awesome (I started playing videogames on a GBA as a kid and my day to day was Fusion and Zero Mission, great games). I was expecting to get disappointed with Dread but nope, it’s as awesome as it could be, so as the Metroid 2 official remake for the 3DS (Samus Returns), I’ve seen a lot of people hating on that game because they like AM2R better, but I loved Samus Returns as much as that one if not more.

Keep gaming and stay faithful, that’s all I can say for now :muscle:
Also remember games are just there to entertain us and give us fun as a hobby or as a work for some people. Remember to stay healty and go outside, read, do excercise, y’know.
Nowadays too much people only live obsessed with videogames and that’s more hurtful than anything. Take breaks!

3 Likes

Well said mate! Although when it comes to Overwatch’s current state, a broad section of the community is just frustrated seeing the game being left out in the cold with no effort to keep spirits high when a sequal will be played by the league for a whole season while the fans can do is just watch in agony & being teased with whats to offer.

2 Likes

they know they will lose people, the plan is to bring them back in ow2 along with new blood for pve

3 Likes

the problem is they already decided to make the new heroes on the updated engine. they cant release them now. it would cause memory and other issues, especially on consoles before they change to 5s

Well its pretty clear the devs didn’t get the memo when they announced a early build of the game for the league & expect fans to not complain for an entire season, If you ask me thats cringe asf.

1 Like

its an early build, we dont even know if that will go well. That might be a disaster too if its really that far from being ready

they fell behind it is what it is

to be brutally honest… 5 v 5 is the reason we are in this mess in the first place
that forces 32 current heroes into a ultra massive rework phase. this is just my hunch but if 5 v 5 is one of the factors for Jeff leaving Blizzard then i don’t blame him, He clearly got outvoted on the future of the game.

1 Like

Outside of Halo’s campaign and BTB, there’s really very little that interests me.

There’s really no need to stick to a game if you’re not enjoying it. It’s not a job, don’t treat it like one.

1 Like

Im in favor of 5s, if i have to take a break from OW in the mean time thats ok.

2nd like any other 5 plus year old game vs a game I just brought.

To be fair ow ran out of fumes about a year ago now it’s running on the momentum it has left.

Games are a hobby during this hell hole called Covid-19, You don’t need to hear it from me who loves Overwatch because their are others worldwide who share the same frustration but lets be honest, Games are supposed to attract you into playing because of what it currently offers in terms of exciting content, What? is Winter Wonderland x5 supposed to blow anyone away just because of Skins & Shooting snow balls at each other? I’ve seen alot of frustration leak out of Overwatch Content Creators due to the current Harassment Lawsuit & the new delay to OW2 & Diablo 4 from the earnings call so yes plenty of people will still play Overwatch but when it comes to content its will not create any attraction ever again until the sequel so the current game is a sitting duck waiting to be shot.

Most PvP games of yesteryear spent many years on top without much content post-release. The TF2 community seem pretty happy with their game despite years of neglect from Valve.

New content is often just icing, the game at it’s core is what matters really. OW is still a great game at it’s core & a lack of content really hasn’t changed that.

Not to say that I don’t want new content or anything, but I’ll gladly wait a little longer for it if it means we can avoid another W3R debacle.

I wouldn’t call it momentum, i would call it dragging its own remains over the finish line… Jurassic Park Style.

For me OW and Ow 2 rank dead last on my games to play list.

I gave my little sister knights of the old republic and she never gave it back. So I’m good with the re-release as well as the new multiplayers coming out to play with friends.

I had one person in my friend list playing Ow during Halloween event. Everyone else was either Back 4 Blood, CoD, fighting games, or some other new multiplayer.

The devs have missed the boat. This game should have gone F2P 3 years ago.

Way too much stuff is coming out Feb 2022 to lure back that big player population they used to have

2 Likes

True but TF2 didn’t have a sequel holding it back so Overwatch is in a hole of its own creation, They wanted to follow the sequel route of what Diablo has done over the last 25 years instead of doing something similar with what WOW has been implementing things in with expansion after expansion.

people will play if its good when it comes out. What you are saying doesnt make sense, you act like the whole market will quit ow out of spite because it took a long time

plenty of games have taken a long time to release and still did well

Being a strict PvP game - OW is rather limited in what it can do for an expansion in comparison to a game like WoW. OW2 will likely follow a similar path to it though as there’ll now be a dedicated PvE mode for them to take advantage of.

The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild 2: I am a jike to you?

According to OW fans, such game doesn’t exist… :zipper_mouth_face: :grimacing:.

1 Like

I personally have nothing against the devs but if its just Skins & no achievements again for the winter event like we seen where Summer Games,Anniversary & Halloween Terror didn’t add any its just not gonna be as attractive but skins is all their is to get. i have 55k credit just sitting their for legendary skin purchases so all i can do is earn the epics & thats it. GG