Overwatch 1 as a testing ground for OW2

my tittle has been edited, but still silence from blizzard. so i guess is easier to run and hide then to be open and vulnerable to the community

Please stop projecting and generalizing.

I never said absolutely anything along the lines of what you described in my previous reply. I just wrote that to discuss a bit about your for all intents and purposes kind of hypocritical mindset concerning both Symmetra 2.0 and the balance of the game as a whole…

And you still haven’t explained yourself if I’m being honest…

I personally disagree, because plain and simply, if there’s a play style/hero/ability that only a tiny, tiny portion of a player base likes, but the majority of the rest of the community dislikes (which I’m 1000% was true when talking about Symmetra 2.0), then said mechanic continuing to exist in the game unfortunately does more harm than good in the long run…

It’s really all about comparing the risks and damage dealt from each change and that’s exactly what happened with Symmetra 3.0… It isn’t really a matter of whether the devs or the players ““hate”” Symmetra 2.0 players if you understand what I’m saying…

i literally did the same thing you did to me?

I guess you answered yourself – projecting and generalizing.

Like i said, your comment says it all, no need to further add to it.

Please stop with this “no u” mindset. I’m not the one generalizing nor projecting here, I’m afraid. I just wanted to discuss the blatant double standards that the OP is bringing out, nothing more, nothing less.

So please, stop baselessly blaming things for things I haven’t done and actually prove me wrong when it comes to my original statement.

if you want to start a discussion, then stop acting like a victim and retype your statement in a much more proper format.

The community just hated her primary because it had auto-aim – which is very hypocritical since we have heroes like Winston who still carries a really strong auto-aim that targets more than one unit.

Even if they removed it, I am fine with that decision.
What wasn’t fine was reworking her far away from the path that she is now. Supports changed overtime, Healing became thsi game’s vision of supporting.
Symmetra should of been reworked to fit this new scheme.
Instead, they ignored the community who asked for this and made her DPS.

And last of the evil.
Her DPS rework had not much plan thought into it. They mimic zyra’s beam and made it weaker. Gave her shorter range, no defensive capabilities and downright just as bad as her older designs. Its a fail of a rework due to the lack of care given to it.

The real story behind this poor decision by blizzard’s leaders is as follows:
Her primary was hated by the majority, especially OWL.
Owl was coming in with 2-2-2, so they had to remove her form supports because they couldn’t and probably didnt want to put the effort to making her a healing support.
So they dragged her to dps to rot with more than half done rework just to be done with a bigger problem down the line for OWL.

And she is literally one of the best examples of such incompetence design.
Meanwhile, we have Genji getting buffs…

I’m curious what you think ow2 will bring that will change any of that. They see mostly focusing on pve we with it and the only big pvp changes will be multiple new heroes at once. The current balancing were seeing today will continue until then and after.

Factually wrong. The lock - on weapon itself wasn’t what most of the complainers hated. What was actually hated, was the absolutely ridiculous DPS the weapon could reach after a low ramp - up time, which, for a pure lock - on weapon whose only drawback was it’s low range was absolutely unheard of an one of the main reasons why it was rightfully reworked out of the game.

If such a weapon were ever to return to Overwatch for any reason, it’s DPS would have to be significantly nerfed in order for it to be in - line with the highest damage that such a type of weapon can now output in this game, which I believe is Reinhardt’s 75 DPS.

I actually agree 1000% with this. The absolute last thing this game needed back then we’re even more DPS and Symmetra 2.0 could had been reworked to a great Support if the devs had taken a bit of feedback from Symmetra mains as well.

I disagree completely. Yeah, Symmetra 3.0 isn’t some marvel of design, but she’s much more superior - design wise than her predecessors and is only really held back by her horrible numerical balance and a few design problems with her kit (the most notable of which, AKA as you said her low low amount of HP/minimal defensive capabilities if we take into consideration the fact that she’s mainly a short - range hero, can be fixed with simple numerical changes as well).

If only just her primary was hated, but anyways…

I don’t believe that’s the case to be honest, mostly because I don’t even think 2/2/2 role - lock had even been considered as a final concept during the time of the 3.0 rework…

They said multiple times that it’s not a streamer’s discord only (Violet even posted the server if anyone would want to join).

You have a link?

Yeah i’ll search for it but if i remember correctly you could only join between June 25- June 30 or something. I’ll change this comment once i found it.
https://twitter.com/vibinwithviolet/status/1276279681143226370

https://twitter.com/vibinwithviolet/status/1276276516553400321

1 Like

There you have it :grin:

You don’t seem to realise that Overwatch 2 will share much with Overwatch including PvP game modes, heroes, maps, cosmetics, and player progression.

The only things that Overwatch 2 will have that Overwatch won’t is the new PvE content and the updated looks for the existing heroes.

OW2, all we know is that we are getting heroes, a new pvp mode, updated engine, and mainly pve.

They do not share much with us.
They have stated before that they had no reworks in the works and they might consider it near release. – So current heroes like sym who need it are still ignored.

Again core issue — communication very lacking