OverTrack, is it allowed?

There’s an app called Overtrack; due to the possibility of this app not being allowed, I won’t post the link anywhere, but a quick google search should give you the information you need. Overtrack is a screen reader, usually paired with OBS Capture, that tracks the game as it goes and provides helpful feedback at the end of the game. This means that in-game, Overtrack grants no competitive advantage, meaning it shouldn’t fall under the same category that Visor did. I’d love to use Overtrack because of how in-depth it is with the stats it shows you, I think it could help me improve and spot my mistakes in-game, but I want to make sure it’s safe to use and won’t leave my account at risk.

1 Like

Who knows? They banned something similar to that in the past. They are probably more lenient nowadays, but if it flags the anti cheat, you are screwed.

I would say it isn’t worth the risk unless you had an alt.

likely not, i’m afraid. that its tracking stuff during the game is the problematic aspect and would likely flag the anti-cheat.

1 Like

dont think so, there are a few posts about OverTrack, one of which Wyoming said its not allowed but some people use it anyway. He talked about how this other program which works almost like OverTrack was endorsed by a few big OW teams but blizz labeled it as bannable software

If I were you, I wouldn’t risk it. Get proper confirmation first.

1 Like

Why would they be more lenient these days?

Because they don’t care? The things I get away with on my alt… That and the fact that I haven’t got an action taken message in over a year despite only reporting egregious toxicity.

Any automated tracking that is not provided by the game is cheating.

They clearly do. They just made a big post about how they’re constantly working to improve the anticheat and how they just did a massive ban wave. Just because they dont talk openly about it doesn’t mean they don’t care.

Not sure what to tell you. I get them fairly regularly. Maybe the things you report arent as toxic as you think, or you report so much they decided to ignore you under the pretenses of false reporting.

Strange. Sometimes I get 2 in a row at the same login.

And on topic… I wouldn’t risk it.

It’s really not tracking anything that you cant track yourself. It’s not like Visor, where it’s tracking ult usage and giving you the ability to see all of the information in-game. From what I’ve seen in screenshots and videos, it tracks your teammates and enemies

• kills
  • deaths
  • killfeed assists
  • elim assists (only for the player using the program)
  • first death %
  • first kill %
  • ults (only for the play using the program)
  • first blood wins
    and likely some other minuscule things, like your sr gain, map, etc.

From this list, I don’t see very many things that would be considered cheaty.

Also, doesn’t blizzard have an application blacklist? That’s why you cant launch Visor with overwatch; it really doesn’t let you. Afaik, overtrack isn’t on this list, and people haven’t been banned. That, of course, doesn’t mean I will use it; I’m trying to get a firm answer from anyone who knows what they’re talking about.

edit
I found someone that has uses the program and they have shared their overtrack link. If anyone is at all curious about anything that Overtrack tracks, you should check out - overtrack.gg/overwatch/games/share/eeveea

I have used it for approximately one season, and have not had any issues. However, I do also remember pursuit getting banned, so maybe I should be more cautious. It’s not like I’m very happy with the program anyway.

Yea, anything that gives you an unfair advantage is likely to get you banned

The issue is automation. if you can track it yourself then there is no point of using it on the first place.

That isn’t true? The software is more pinned towards ease of use, as is any software that provides any information organized. Why would the automation be an issue in the first place? I understand if it can be flagged as a hack, but as i said, no one has been banned for it.

Overtrack watches the kill feed and the TAB scoreboard. All the utility Overtrack provides can be accomplished yourself by just recording the game and playing it back. It’s just a helpful tool to help you improve after the game is over.

So in my opinion, the app doesn’t harm the competitive integrity of the game. However it’s still a third party app and is likely against the ToS.

1 Like

What’s your issue with the program? I’d like to see some input before I possibly try it out myself once I get an OK

Because it allows you to focus on other things that you normally couldn’t do if you had to do the tracking by yourself.

It doesn’t track properly. I have to restart it everytime I tab out of the game, and I can’t tab out during a match either. I’m not even entirely sure if that are the only issues as well. It’s also not even that useful, I thought it would show you some interesting winrates, like map and time specific (had a similar program that did this, but you had to type in all information yourself), but all it does is show your games a season and hero play/winrates. If you want the statistics for a single game, you have to pay.

Everything that it tracks, are all things that you could track yourself by recording the game in OBS and viewing it later.