I don’t know but that past few updates and the latest Nvidia Driver update. Have notice lag and game not loading as quick. Characters take awhile to load up in game and in menus. Making me not want to Comp this season. Need Ow 2.0
These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:
- Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
- Update your graphic card driver.
- Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
- In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
- There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.
Over the last year or so I have been playing less and less OW and a big part of it is the performance issues. The game used to run like a dream on my machine (3200 RAM, SSD, i7 6700k, AMD Fury X playing on a 144 hz monitor @ 1080p) which isn’t the latest and greatest, but certainly good enough to get solid frames on a nearly three year old game. Now, with pretty much everything set to low/off, I still get pretty routine framerate dips that really throw me off. I used to be able to maintain 144 fps constantly with medium-high graphics.
Not to mention the balance issues (GOATSerwatch), but the performance issues are really key for me. It just doesn’t feel good to get FPS dips at random points, even with little action happening.
I too have noticed that heroes load slowly in the victory screen since the Winter update. I’ve also done all those steps and more, which I elaborated more in a post I made about the issue I’m currently having. (You can find it in my profile, it’s the only topic I’ve made. I could link it too but I’m not sure if that’s allowed?)
I managed to temporarily circumvent my problem by using Nvidia driver version 398.82 or earlier (heroes load still slowly though). If the steps given in the previous post (by WyomingMyst) don’t help, maybe give it a try?