Over 15 hours of Overwatch Contenders watched and I didn't get the Mercy skin

I followed every step. I made sure everything was working, Heck, I even got the Symmetra skin. I watched 8 hours of OW contenders today and I didn’t get the Mercy skin. So disappointed. I really wanted that skin and I cannot explain my disappointment in Blizzard right now. Over 20 hours of my life spent watching contenders, and I didn’t get the skin. I made sure the light was green… I watched on the website, Tab was in focus, Screen was on, I was logged in, I am in a viable country, Site wasn’t muted, and still no skin. I really hope the skins are just delayed and that I will get my skin. If I don’t get this skin I will feel like Blizzard really let me down. Today was my final chance on getting the skin, and even with the required hours, I still didn’t get it.

5 Likes

Relax. They don’t award them immediately. You will probably get it within a day or so of when you acquired enough hours.

I got the sym skin after the second day of watching and the Mercy today during the 4th day.

I wouldn’t panic unless its a couple days and nothing.

All that said.

I’m still disappointed in how this event is being handled. Too many things left to chance, too much required to obtain it, and too little info on things. We had to rely on others (non-official sources) to figure it out, as well as WyomingMist for some of the info. (I think I got their name right)

3 Likes

Did you remove ad block? They never suggested it, but I think it messes it up.

This was said. So was info about clearing cookies, etc. I had the Malwarebytes blocker, but turned it off for the site. As long as you had the green icon, should be good. They recommended Chrome, but I used Firefox and it worked fine.

I didn’t see them mention it in their latest tweets, but I did see it on the forums.

I dont have an adblock so

hmm then I’m not sure. Maybe contact support?

Give it some time first. Try logging out of battlenet launcher, log back in then fire up your game. It could be that simple too.

You’re probably right to be honest since I got the Symmetra skin on the 30th whilst I would’ve reached 7 hours on the 29th. Hopefully since I believe I reached 15 hours today that I’ll get the skin tomorrow.

Good thing i didn’t care, that sounds like a headache. Hope it works out for you though.

The overwatch contenders Twitter did say it can take a day for the skins to show up. Idk why they didn’t post it, they put it as a reply to someone.

1 Like

Blizzard are extremely sloppy when it comes to handling situations (Notably ones involving cosmetics and OWL/Contenders). I think they should just figure out a way to either collaborate with YouTube or Twitch again for drops. This Overwatch League website is nothing but trouble. I wish it was more straight forward with the fact that you either are or aren’t earning drops. I know it says at the bottom that drops are active when you login, but there should be a way to check how many hours you’ve watched during a set period of say 7-14 days. They should atleast specify to check for the green light on the site to make sure you are actually earning the drops. I have seen moments where the green light disappears even though it still says drops are active, and it usually means I’m not caught up in the stream and are a few seconds behind. I really think they should put a message, either on the site, game or by email saying something like “Congratulations, you’ve earned the Mercy Contender skin. It may take up to 24 hours to be put into your account.” so that people don’t freak out. I understand the delay behind giving out cosmetics since I’ve gotten OWL points randomly 2 days later after watching OWL before, but I wish they’d specify it’s not immediate. Heck, if you google when you’ll recieve the contenders skin, the first result I see is

You will automatically receive a set of Contenders home and away Symmetra skins in your Battle.net account after enjoying 7 hours of live Contenders content. When you reach 15 hours you will automatically receive a set of Contenders home and away Mercy skins

which I think is just as misleading. Why not just say the rewards may not be delivered immediately? I think Twitch can actually handle giving drops properly compared to Blizzard themselves. I’m not too sure why Blizzard have stopped giving out drops on twitch like they did during Pink Mercy charity streams. Even coming up with a way to have the same function on YouTube would be cool since the streams are streamed from YouTube anyways. The site is fine since it has more information about the league and contenders than they’d be able to have on a twitch page or youtube page, but I wish you could still earn the drops though watching directly from twitch or youtube aswell as on the site.

5 Likes

I hate it when that happens!

Tbh I feel like you shouldn’t need to be caught up live during the streams, just watching as long as the stream is actually live. I’m still watching the contenders stream while they’re live, just not during the same moment. It actually costed me about an hour of watchtime before I realised I was 4 seconds behind and the dot wasn’t green. I was pissed off to say the least.

2 Likes

True, I feel like you should also get credit for watching past VOD’s. Like it’s still views, and then there aren’t any timezone concerns.

3 Likes

Or at least rebroadcast the matches that were in different timezones. Some of those matches were early am or played during work hours for a lot of people.

It’s mind boggling how sloppy this company can be at times. So many good PR opportunities sullied because this company has an uncontrollable urge to shoot itself in the foot.

2 Likes

Mercy skin?

You need to wait a little bit. I got the Sym skin like 2 days after I watched 7hrs

I watched over 7 hours yesterday and I still do not have the Symmetra skin.
I did everything right on my end.
Got the Genji one.
I hope they bring the Mercy one back.

This is just like what happened with the OWL tokens. I watched OWL for hours on end on three different devices and I didn’t even get half as much as I should have gotten. I’ve watched over 15 hours of contenders yet I’ve gotten none of the skins. Their website does not work and support does not remedy the situation so you’re kinda just out of luck unless you get awarded the skin later on from now. Goodluck.