Our progress so far

Those are massive, Jeff!
Congratulations to the developers team. :blush:

Donā€™t forget that this is cause of private profiles as well. Noone can see that youā€™re a one trick anymore

1 Like

You could just hire some game masters and those numbers would drop to 1 digit values.

How do you feel about the ā€˜inspect elementā€™ method of gauging the amount of each endorsement we have? Would you rather that information was not even visible?

Teacher, TEACHER! YOU FORGOT OUR HOMEWORK!

1 Like

Can you address the symmetra specific toxicity issues that are persisting? I made a longer post about it but basically can you make a statement on the issue, Jeff? Please?

2 Likes

Our progress so far - We have achieved nothingā€¦ absolutely nothing, same old toxicity, but now with extra +150 xp

3 Likes

Yes, people need to talk about thisā€¦ The report system needs to change and the toxicity for off-meta heroes needs to go.

1 Like

Seriously, people? Weā€™re given hard statistics about something easily measured (number of reports/actions taken against accounts, submitted digitally through a form) and people are saying itā€™s not real?

No, toxicity wasnā€™t deleted overnight in OW. But they have hard numbers to show that yes, the endorsement system has made a large, visible effect on player behavior. They didnā€™t just do a phone poll of OW players and have them rate the ā€˜toxicityā€™ of matches before and after endorsements. If the numbers say reports for Abusive Chat is down 26%, then itā€™s down 26%. Itā€™s a pretty big number even if might go down over time.

Iā€™ve noticed a huge, positive difference in my games since endorsements rolled out. Iā€™m not surprised the numbers back it up. Iā€™ve had great LFG and QP matches in the past week with people having fun, being nice, and actively encouraging other. I hope having your endorsement level tank from punishment will carry a serious stigma in the community that will discourage people from getting out of line. Thank you Jeff and the OW team for giving this issue so much attention.

1 Like

Well the inflated perception of abuse and toxicity was half the problem, both players and devs couldnā€™t stop talking about it. Everyone was literally only looking for toxic behavior.

Endorsements hasnā€™t changed the behavior of toxic players as much as it has changed the behavior of those who felt abused. It has given give players something positive to focus on during (and after) the game instead of finding negatives to report. Whatever the devs realize this I dont know, they didnā€™t realized that the report system gave players something negative to focus and inflated the perception of toxicity considering how long they continued to promote it.

Why on earth would people report less? If anything people are reporting more than before, because now you get a notification that action was taken against someone you reported. You feel more validated that you made a difference somehow, and that someone who was out of line got some kind of punishment. Your report didnā€™t just go into the void with no response, like it used to months ago.

And now, especially, with a sudden surge of players being extra nice, congratulating each other, and trying to get high endorsement levels, thereā€™s more incentive for people to report others. Because now those toxic jerks stand out like a neon sign, and reporting them directly hurts their chances at getting endorsement levels and rewards. LFG has an option of minimum endorsement levels for a reason. Even if some people try to abuse it and ā€˜farmā€™ endorsements, their toxic behavior will get them reports from others and theyā€™ll lose their rewards.

Tldr; People arenā€™t magically reporting less than they were a month ago. Thereā€™s even more reason to report players now for being out of line because theyā€™ll miss out on rewards.

1 Like

Lol no, your entire post is victim blaming, ā€œit wasnā€™t the toxic players stopped being toxic, it was the people that didnā€™t like having people be toxic to them stopped caring as muchā€. Yah sure.

I reported people that would say toxic things or do toxic things, that number has gone way down because less people do it. I even see gg all the time now, instead of gg ez. Positive reinforcement is what is changed and itā€™s far more effective than punishment.

As with any statistic there are questions.

By % of Comp or Daily players is that over some average over what time period?
What does it mean to be Abusive Chat?
What is a Daily Player?
What is Abusive?
What counts as the Americas?
Any reason other areas arenā€™t listed?
Is that PC only?

But, sadly the only way that could ever be reasonably answered is if perhaps the statistics were made public. It would take too much time effort for anyone to address those things.

Either way, LFG/Endorsements are certainly well liked regardless of the statistics.

I must say, I have been having generally better experiences in terms of matchmaking with fantastic teammates and fun, balanced games. The bad moments are still there, but thatā€™s just how this game works. I think the endorsement feature really helps. thank u chef kaplan

the reporting system is BROKEN , False reports are ruining the game !!! two of my account were banned today !!!

3 Likes

And why exactly it was pinned?

Does these numbers really means ppl are less toxic?

I dont believe that! I think ppl are less toxic in text chat, so ā€œright click report this player for being abussiveā€ isnā€™t possible any more. They are just toxic in voice.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s improvements but Iā€™m still seeing toxic people! I just canā€™t believe how many people are toxic in QP

I play Mystery Heroes pretty exclusively so Iā€™m a bit bummed that such a neat feature isnā€™t available in Arcade modes.

At the same time, it was pretty rare for me to encounter toxic players in MH, so it certainly isnā€™t a mode in desperate need of this feature but now that it exists I was hoping to be able to use it.

Personally Iā€™d like to see one of two things happen for endorsements in Arcade:

• Arcade modes that are 6v6 can use endorsements (except Custom games), or -
  • Endorsement levels are not visible while playing in the Arcade because they are not considered applicable to those game types (similar to how the SR badges only appear in Competitive modes where they are earned)

Iā€™m glad to hear itā€™s been so beneficial to the modes that truly needed it either way.

2 Likes