Our Attitude To Lower Ranks Is Toxic

its not about escaping bronze, its about not condoning afk throwing by high ranked players, but thanks for proving OP right by being the first person to post and immediately slam him for rank. OP spoke truth, the sportsmanship of players is horrible in this game.

3 Likes

Sometimes the truth hurts but It’s better help in the long run. If I’m bad at something I’d want real feedback, not some sugar coated nonsense. If your aim isn’t good enough then I’ll tell you to improve your aim. If your gamesense is bad I’ll tell you your making dumb decisions. And if you’re toxic af I’ll tell you you’re a jerk.

so what would u tell high ranked players that go into low ranks to bully weak players?

1 Like

Most people wouldn’t say anything.

After all

“SmuRfInG iSn’T rEaLlY A pRoBleM. JuSt rEpOrT tHeM aNd MoVe oN. If Ur MeAnT tO cLimB u’lL cLimB.”

4 Likes

What am I supposed to tell them? I can only control what i do. I rarely come across anyone I can say is an obvious smurf. And when i do i use it to try and improve. I’d like to reach a higher rank someday. Getting to see one up close is pretty helpful. I ran into a high GM smurf last season who almost carried his team in a 5v6. Because of just watching him that game my Zarya gameplay improved. But If I just got irrationally angry I wouldn’t have learned anything. You’re not doing yourself any favors getting mad at a smurf.

im not getting mad at smurfs, im getting mad at bullys. ur misquoting me.

Oh you mean literally bullying? In that case report them for abusive chat. my bad.

u think bullying happens only with words? i beg to differ

edit: a bully can push a small kid in a pool of mud without a word, that doesnt change the act

Well they can’t physically harm you through your monitor.

they can headshot everyone in the game with widow though, and if u dont think that using superior skills to disrupt a game of weak players isnt bullying, ur telling urself something THAT IS NOT TRUE

2 Likes

I already covered this so you’re being dishonest.

1 Like

truth hurts, dont it? u simply cannot admit that strong players in weak games ruin the enjoyability of it, they do, ‘learning from them’ means nothing when i can watch better players then GM’s play in the pro’s. DONT SUGAR COAT IT. ITS NOT SMURFING, ITS BULLYING

EDIT: i am at the rank i deserve, im bad at this game and i will never be good. my mechanics are garbo, my aim is poverty, my positioning is kindergarten, my tactics are childish, i am at the rank i deserve. BUT NOT EVERYONE IS, and the smurfs prove me right on this one

Lol, shut-up plat noob.

Joking. I’m plat as well. Please don’t ban me.

Get gud… as you make an alternate account and play down here for easy wins destroying us low levels for streams and luls…

I’m a low level and admit I am down here for a reason. I don’t think I should be some high level and don’t kid myself. The problem lies when players go down the ladder or cheat (aimbots) to destroy us and keep us on the losing side of the game. Blizzards algorithms have a way of keeping a person at their correct rank but people who cheat, boost, de rank, smurf ruin it and change the data collection.

I just want to have fun but the steamrolls when you literally see the other team (and yours) destroy to the point that you can tell the one or two people are clearly out of your league is doing nothing to help the game or developers who try and make it a fair match or help retain players who finally get tired of logging in to just be destroyed then made fun or or treated rudely by that individual/individuals.

Also hard to get gud when you can’t even leave spawn because that cheat or smurf camps while being toxic.

4 Likes

It’s like people who ask why tanks are so bad in gold; its because all the good ones climbed out. You can have great mechanics and comms, but if your game sense is bad you’ll stay low. I remember when i first started playing and being in gold on my dps account and I’d always play soldier, always had gold dmg/elims/obj kills etc. Id run in, kill 2 people, pop visor, kill 2 more and then die; and then wonder why we didn’t cap the point. Its cause i was playing it purely like team deathmatch and didn’t pay attention to the fact my team wasnt alive to follow up(lots of solo flanks). I mean when your confident in your ability to solo wipe half the enemy team, you get cocky and arrogant. My mechanics didn’t just magically improve one day, i developed my game sense. I play mostly quick play too, its better for learning the extremes of what a hero can dish out and receive. Its why i can play an incredibly agressive rein, i know what punishment i can take and keep swinging; tons of failed back shatter attempts later, and im hard climbing through diamond with a roughly 70% winrate

5 Likes

Plat is a mid rank. Its above the median.

Do you want to know why all us plat+ players tell them to get good? It’s because we ALL can rank up out of those ranks. If they can’t, guess what? They don’t deserve to be Plat+. It’s as simple as that.

It’s not, “smurfs too many throwers too much.” We all play with the same teammates/opponents. If you put me at a lower rank, I’ll rank up very quickly. That’s why the response is generally, “git gud.”

I’m plat and it is true, only on about 2850-2900 things change to diamond levels. And people in higher ranks deal with this too. Only they complain less because there is not as much good players as bad players.

This is the most stupid thing i read in a while. Why the @#$% would you rely on already not working system to detect smurf to hyper carry them to higher ranks. Maybe, maybe if the PBSR was removed and it would take a long time to rank up people would be discouraged to have 10 accounts(i have 3 including my main) and troll or stomp(you HAVE TO do both to maintain lower rank then you should have) constantly in lower ranks. You basically ask devs to destabilize the matchmaker even more. WTF.

1 Like

Most of the time the lower elo players are not asking for advice on how to ‘rank up’ and believe they are where they deserve to be.

But when I see them come to these forums complaining about smurfs and throwers it’s a legitimate problem and it destroys their gaming experience. ‘git gud’ is not a valid response to smurfing. It’s just not.

People generally smurf just to destroy lower ranked players and ‘have fun’.

Why would it taking even longer to rank up be a deterrent to smurfs? It would be a GODSEND TO THEM. That’s exactly what they’d hope for. They don’t make smurf accounts to get back up into Diamond or Masters. Then they’d stay in the lower ranks after throwing their SR even longer and the smurfing problem would become even worse.

1 Like

I would never have a problem with lower ranks if they stayed out of my games

its not okay that you can have someone 1000 sr lower on your team because they grouped with someone.