Other processes laggy when playing Overwatch

Hi there. I’ve been playing Overwatch for a while, and I have a common issue where whenever I play OW, seemingly all other processes on my computer start to lag. For example, if I have youtube running on my other monitor, once I get into a game, the video starts getting all choppy, and sometimes the player itself will crash. It’s not an internet lag thing, it’s like the process has no memory allocated to it. However, my specs should be fine to handle something like this, and it only happens when I play Overwatch.

Specs:
i5-4690K 3.5 GHz (4 CPUs)
16 GB of RAM
Nvidia GTX 970 (4GB VRAM)
Windows 10

All drivers are up to date, if I go into task manager and go to details, priority for chrome is on normal, as is Overwatch and anything else running. I figured this might be the issue but no luck. Have tried re-installing overwatch, doing windows memory fix check thing, restarting computer (obviously), adjusting overwatch graphics settings, but nothing seems to work. I don’t know what to do at this point, if anyone knows I really appreciate any info. Thanks.

Hey OwO, does it help to disable hardware acceleration with the Blizzard Application?

1. Click the blue logo on the top left of the Blizzard app.
  2. Go to Settings .
  3. Go to General.
  4. Uncheck the box “Use browser hardware acceleration when possible”

While in the General settings, try also setting “When I Launch A Game” to Exit Battle.net completely. The browser that is being used should have a setting similar to this as well for the hardware acceleration. You’ll need to check where the setting is depending on the browser.

It’s possible while Overwatch is open it’s using too many shared resources that it’s causing the lag within the youtube videos. These settings should fix this problem.