Orisa ultimate bug?

I just noticed that you can’t prevent dying from Orisa ultimate with immortality field. We were just fighting an Orisa, she was ulting and since Bap casted an immo field, we didn’t move away, thinking we would survive. Orisas ultimate killed the immo field AND 3 people at the same time.
Is this wanted or is this a bug? I don’t find anything about it.

I killed her once with a dva mech mid ult but otherwise she seems immune for no reason

Slightly off topic but as a bap/mercy/moira main I get really frustrated that kirikos invuln is 100% more powerful than baps invuln…kiriko can prevent junk ulti, mei ulti, reaper ulti, every ulti ever, but baps is destroyed in .2s

Kiriko shouldn’t be able to completely stop a JR utli or other explosive ultis imo

1 Like

It’s an unfortunate side effect of the IF.

If a D.Va ults and Bap just throws out his lamp, the same thing happens, everyone just goes BOOM. The ult blows up the lamp AND everyone at the same time.

Feelsbadman, but legit to get any value from the lamp, players need to be in it’s AoE and yet the lamp itself needs to be out of LoS of any actual damage that would destroy it.

It’s a bit like needing to place it like a WoW Healer positions, in LoS of his tank to heal them, but out of LoS of the boss so they can’t take damage themselves.

Hope that makes some sense, but trying to use IF properly against ults is just a positional nightmare that sometimes I just cannot solve because I don’t have the right scenery available right now, dagnammit.

Immortality has a delay before it fully makes anyone “immortal.”

Orisa ult does also do 50 damage over 4 seconds while charging so might have finished off the lamp

why though? people seem to be ok with the fact D.Va can swallow entire ultimates completely by accident with her defence matrix, at least kiriko has to actually time it right for it to be effective

2 Likes

I also don’t agree with this…like how does her defense matrix swallow a moira orb? That thing is broken too

lol it absolutely should be able to stop a junk ult. especially bc he picks when it explodes. bait her suzu first or wait it out. or just get countered.

2 Likes

This sounds more like it wasn’t activated fast enough, but I’d have to see the replay.

It was active for like 2 seconds when Orisa released her ult. Maybe its like ImmaCat said and Orisa destroyed the immo field while charging 0,01 seconds before she released the ultimate.

1 Like

Yeah but it is more of a skill shot that can be baited and only last 1 sec compared to others like baps invul field

Yeah it probably got destroyed just in time unfortunately.

Had the same happen to me, kill feed showed field was destroyed AFTER my death. Definitely a bug.

someone have a code of this? I never note that with bap.

have seen this also. Why you can protect yourself against JR tire, it doesn’t seem to work against Orisa. Sometimes effects obviously happen one after the other, sometimes simultanously. For JR you first take damage, then it is prevented by lamp, then lamp dies. For Orisa, everything dies at the same time and the lamp’s effect doesn’t kick in

I just tried it by spawning a Baptiste bot and make him use Immortality Field after I, Orisa, use ultimate (to build damage). After reaching more than 200%, I released it and it destroyed Immortality Field, but did not killed Baptiste.

It might be a bug, but better check the replay to make sure.

I tried different things and it did not kill Baptiste:

• Field bot over Bap.
  • Field bot near Bap.
  • Orisa between Bap and Field bot.
  • Field bot over Orisa.

All those tries waiting to max charge and pressing to release earlier (with primary and secondary fire).

Maybe Orisa pulled him to a corner where the field did not take effect (even if it shows the circle) or maybe it was a latency issue.

I am not denying it could happen due to a bug, though. Like the people who discovered Mei-Kiriko wall bug, it was very specific.

1 Like