Orisa = Old Mercy

Her guardian angel has certainly been improved, but I’d say that overall Mercy has gotten less engaging since her 1.0 version.

Multirez remains controversial to this very day, but the fact remains that it was Mercy’s big power moment, her main source of player agency, and where most of her skill expression manifested through mastery of gamesense and battlefield awareness.

The Valkyrie rework hasn’t given Mercy any acceptable substitutes for these gameplay elements.

Mercy no longer has anything that can be accurately be described as a “big power moment”. Mercy’s player agency is at an all time low, and Mercy’s skill ceiling has been significantly lowered.

Nearly all of Mercy’s value is bound to team-dependent abilities that derive their value from the skill of Mercy’s teammates instead of Mercy herself.

Instead of adding new skills to master, Mercy’s E and Q abilities undermine and sabotage the skill expression of Mercy’s base kit: beam juggling and survival through GA management. E-Rez forces Mercy to stop healing and stand still, while Valkyrie juggles Mercy’s beams for her and invalidates GA skills with free flight and permaregen.

And while the skill celling of GA management has gone up through the roof, the skill celling of Mercy’s beam juggling has been noticably lowered.

The healing nerf from 60 to 50 hps gives Mercy significantly less time to juggle her damage boost. Allies you could have saved by the skin of your teeth with 60hps (if you got there early enough) now die under 50hps no matter what you do.

The damage boost mechanic being changed from “applied even the blow lands” to “applied even the shot is fired” denies Mercy the skill expression of playing attention to her team’s attacks, and juggling her beams to boost a shot just as it landed.

Some team dependence is fine, but Mercy’s kit has become so oversaturated with it that her value is more decided by her team’s ability to make use of her, instead of the Mercy player’s ability to make use of their own kit.

I still love Mercy’s base gameplay of lock-on beams and guardian angel, but it feels like a foundation with no building on top.

1 Like

rein got no changes since goats and is now useless, outside sources can make a hero under powered or overpowered.
orisa needs to be gutted.

Judging from what I saw on PTR… Orisa will still stay the meta pick. Sure, it might be SIGMA all around for a few days until people get tired of him, but it’s back to Orisa all day every day again.

The PTR nerf is a joke, especially since she get a compensation buff and one of the best heroes against her got nerfed more.

People defending Orisa are just flat out wrong.

Tank = Healer…

Nope, sorry, don’t see it.

What was the compensation buff?

I think one day you’ll catch up with the rest of us and be able to succeed with Mercy. I really believe in you. Bless your little heart. :pray::raised_hands:

I hope it will remove her from the matches because she along with widow and hanzo is the definition of anti fun.

Literally every hero on the enemy team is the definition of “anti-fun” :woman_shrugging:

It’s a good thing “fun” is subjective

1 Like

I meant previous buffs + heroes being good against her nerfed I just woke up.

Not really, I have fun playing against most heroes in the game.

1 Like

I’m just trying to say that calling a hero “anti-fun” is pretty meaningless since lots of people have different opinions on what’s fun.

I have no problem with Widowmaker but some people can’t handle the thought of being one-shot. Calling for nerfs on the basis of what some call “fun” is pretty extreme.

You should be able to see what heroes are anti-fun just by their kit. Not getting to play the game or getting forced to play in very restrictive ways isn’t very fun. You’re never going to have anything but an extreme minority of people like playing against Orisa, Mei or Widow unless they’re bad and don’t know any better or play those heroes themselves.

its the dps that are the problem and orisa is the tank that can deal with heavy damage the best because of her regenerating shield. rein gets melted by hanzos and widows

I mean Orisa’s damage is a big part of why you can’t run Rein either. Orisa Hog melts Rein’s shield before he can get close.

Rein needs at minimum Zarya and Lucio to be good to get enabled. Reinhardt has never ever been better than Orisa, Rein was being run because of the other heroes enabling him.

Why does everyone want to nerf everything I love and hold dear :frowning:

1 Like

If you really loved Orisa you’d want her to balanced instead of making people have a personal vendetta against her for being the default MT and dumping on everyone else for nearly a year like certain other heroes.

I don’t know but I’m running out of mains to play at this rate. :frowning:

Lucio, Symm, Sombra, Orisa…everything I love gets nerfed.

I like Blizzard’s path of minor adjustment. Reworks can be fun but they’re always cause for drama. Her shield is getting nerfed and that’s a good start. As well, Sigma is being added which opens up new strategies and draws attention away from her.

I think Halt may need some kind of change next, but nuclear routes are dangerous and we’re at a point in balance where IMO most heroes are pretty good, so nuclear routes are unnecessary and instead we should have more frequent but still smaller patches

Or again a meta is favouring something. I’m glad they ignore the forums if these asinine rumblings are what they think