Orisa is not OP, but annoying

The way it can gather up and slow targets down allows it to be combined with other ultimates. In addition, with Nanoboost it can do a ton of damage on its own.

Certainly not perfect, but still a lot better than Meteor Strike.

Combine it with BOB, Riptire, or Deadeye and see how well it works.

1 Like

If anyone stays in the area, which doesn´t happen because a 3 year old kid can get away from it before the ult deals 200 damage or anything above that. It´s a mid ultimate

1 Like

It depends; the closer you bring the target(s) to you, the stronger the slow effect. Again, it’s great for combo ults, doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to wipe out the entire team immediately, but you can stack the damage.

1 Like

If you play overwatch in any decent skill level, orisa ultimate is nothing more than a worse zarya grav. Anyone can get out of it and heroes like kiriko and bap completely negates it

Grav is better in every way, Flux too

2 Likes

Sure. Gravity Surge won’t do much damage, though, and Kiriko and Baptiste can completely negate it too.

1 Like

But zarya doesn´t need to put herself at risk to use, neither needs to be close. And she can still shoot at her grav, while orisa only watches

1 Like

An ultimate that ONLY works as a combo setup is bad. Grav is great because zarya does massive aoe damage all by her lonesome and it locks them in place for a longer period, so she technically doesnt need to combo to team wipe with it. Orisa doesnt get to attack during her windup, and the slow, if existent, ends quickly enough for people to easily walk right back out of it.

1 Like

My games will be so much easier when people realize you can just ignore Orisa and go for her supports.

Orisa is very good at bullying a single enemy but doesn’t have enough damage to actually be lethal through healing generally, and she doesn’t really have the tools to keep multiple divers off of her allies. Stop shooting at the Orisa and shoot at the enemies healing her or at the very minimum the squishies in general.

1 Like

Yes yes, wonderful hypothetical. Till you’re on junekrqueen and she just boops you wherever she wants cause having boops on every ability means she has boop with zero cooldown lol

one rule for me

one rule for thee

1 Like

supremely annoying…

1 Like

I don’t think she is overpowered, I just think she is annoying to take out, it’s a real hassle. I understand Tanks are now SUPER TANKS, due to 5V5 but holy cow every time there is an Orisa in my game, I’m spending 97% of it just shooting her.

1 Like

Orisa is fine.

Additional text.

Had an OQ game where I was just wanting to play jq for fun and the enemy had an orisa that frustrated me for an entire round and they full capped the map. Got tired of it and swapped to orisa and did the same exact thing and almost did another full map cap after with a 1 minute into overtime timer.

By the end of the match around 24 minutes I had got 114 kills and 35-36kish damage. She is incredibly frustrating to play against as any other tanka nd that includes hog as she can deny pretty much every hook if you time your spear and boops making him useless if you have an ana or anything to shut his healing down.

She feels pretty braindead to play to be honest.

https:// imgur. com/Y1cmTtS

1 Like

Yeah I honestly think she will annoy everyone when everything settles and her and sigma finally become meta. Nobody is going to be happy when Sigma or Orisa are meta, but no one has noticed yet cause Zarya was so broken.

She blocks attacks, gets faster, and pushes people back with her javelin spin.
She stuns and knocks back with her javelin throw.
She slows and pulls people in with her ultimate.

She is immune to CC herself when using Fortify.

She is very annoying.

3 Likes

I love the new Orisa. I’m shocked at how much CC I’m allowed to not only dish out but also bypass. :joy: I can actually see the fear in enemy Rein’s movements. She’s even better at bullying Hog imo. I can definitely see how people could find her annoying to fight though.

1 Like

yeah, we’ll see how i feel about her after jq buffs. i can see how fun she could be, even though i don’t play her, which is why i am underlining she is not op and i don’t want her mains faced with a nerf for no reason. powerwise she’s fine. i can see also how my own love of junkerqueen (50% more hours on her than dva this season and i was a dva onetrick from season 1!) would make her annoy factor worse lol

just, when a team is getting really pummelled by enemy dps, i can no longer carry if she decides she really wants to just use all her cc on me and me only

:sob:

guess i need to start hard counting all her abilities

1 Like

Orisa is annyoing?

Tried playing against Winston?
My guy is pretty balanced (need his shield HP reverted to what is was before), but MAN is he annoying.
If your DPS and Tank is brain-afk, you are left alone with your other support to be furiously abused by that big. thick. monkey-stick.

1 Like

So get off Junker Queen and swap to a tank that can actually dive?
She’s the second worst tank for a reason. They overnerfed her before OW2 launched and are looking to buff her back up a bit it seems.