Orisa is kinda sluggish

Why does she move so god dam slow while firing, no wonder she is so bad at attacking! she takes half a day to get through the bloody choke!

I honestly don’t even mind if they nerf other parts of her kit, just let her not get slowed down as much while firing, (like what dva received) as it’ll not only make her less sluggish but honestly more enjoyable to play!

3 Likes

You just figured out that now? Why?

Had some maggy mushhys one day and it hit me while I was on the Duggy taking a dumb

Just like Dva you should stop holding down M1 and move forward when you need to. Holding down M1 when you need to take space is a bad idea

4 Likes

Dva has mobility tho big man
Plush she has dms and rockets that don’t hinder her movement while walking and flying
Also her shots don’t hinder her flight either

Not only that, you can’t get environmental kills with Halt anymore.

The saddest part is that she used to be a good pick on Ilios well, she’s not anymore.

She’s not a good tank to contest space anymore. A tank that constantly has to run away from other brawly tanks because of a single target spammy weapon which is not that much threatening to other tanks is kind of flawed. She should be able to impose a better threat up close. Halt helped on that aspect, but even with that projectile speed buff she doesn’t seem good at contesting brawlers, so she’s not good to hold or capture an objective in the same power level against other tanks.

The barrier feels useless and is holding back her power potential at this point. I’d say replace it with an AoE close range damage ability or something more useful against brawlers. Perhaps she should be a brawler that offers long range attacks as utility instead of a barrier, so she can compete with other tanks at contesting space.

3 Likes

Pretty much how I feel how would u change her?

IDK, maybe halt should be 7 secs CD and she should get less move penalty on top of replacing the barrier with an AoE close range damage ability, in Reins trailer there’s some Orisa robots with a sword, maybe that?

Uh usually I hate drastic rework ideas but if Orisa can get a plasma sword or something, I could go for it…

4 Likes

Orisa is good where she is right now.

2 Likes

If she has no barrier won’t she get melted?

Not only that, D.va’s also hitscan… while its not a giant difference but it makes her damage confirm way better when she’s actually trying to apply pressure when moving

1 Like

Did someone mention me?

2 Likes

Lmao you should have played her back in the day that she moved slower while shooting to the point she couldn’t even like shield dance.

I think that part of her kit is fine.

If she gets no move penalty while shooting she won’t. She would be played like Zarya.

1 Like

There should be more low mobility heroes like her IMO, but she should be compensated. Been nerfed to the ground.

1 Like

They were considering this at one point, OP, as they lowered Orisa’s moving-while-firing penalty on the barrier patch PTR. It was cool. It didn’t make it to Live, but a lot’s changed since then. Given that Orisa’s recent buffs haven’t caused the end of the world as some feared, maybe it’ll be revisited.

1 Like

the thing is, orisa takes space by shooting and her range is limitless, so she doesn’t need to move into the enemy space to wrestle it from them, she moves into that space after it’s been established.

now with that said, what orisa will fall prey to is superior firepower and getting bumrushed.

her being sluggish and not really that good of a brawler is her flaw.

1 Like

So sluggish… kinda like hanzo when he’s drawing his arrows back makes him just less enjoyable for me atleast

tbh she is not really designed for attacking on the first place.

She is good at holding a position.