Orisa Book (may contain spoilers)

Now that people have had a chance to read this, was there anything new and interesting you actually learned about Orisa and Efi? I haven’t read the book but don’t personally care about spoilers. Just don’t type out the whole novel/be reasonable.

2 Likes

<SPOILERS!>

Okay, it was actually alright, i liked how they tried to get Efi to “connect” with Orisa, however Orisa kinda reminded me of Baymax from big hero 6 if you’ve watched that movie (its great). However the final “battle” Orisa had with doomfist felt a bit…eh. He was just stood in plain sight and Orisa could’ve easily caught him but no-one tried to stop him and he escaped…It was good but i wish the ending was better.

It was also kinda sad when Efi had to power off Orisa cause she was a “danger” to the people of Numbani :frowning:

1 Like

Here’s some facts about Orisa and Efi:

• Doomfist nominated Efi for the grant that would enable her to build Orisa because he wanted a new challenge.
  • Efi’s full name is Efi Rotìmí Opèyèmi Oluwadaré Gabrielle Oladele.
  • Efi’s cousin Bisi is a Talon soldier, that is until Doomfist chucks him off a balcony and Orisa catches him with halt.
  • Efi received a lot of help in building Orisa. Her friends painted and fixed her, Lúcio got her tobelstein reactor and an improved supercharger, and it is implied Sojourn gave Orisa the fusion driver we see today.
  • Orisa has finger lasers for first-aid, an energy lasso that preceded her halt ability, and a medical/criminal scanner that details a person’s history.
  • Efi makes money by selling her inventions on Hollagram. One such invention is the Junie: a hologram assistant, projected by a tiny spider, that follows you around and helps with tasks.
  • It is heavily implied Orisa and Efi are going to meet Sojourn at the end, making them likely characters in the campaign.

Here’s some facts about other characters:

• It is implied that Sombra has done a lot of work in Numbani with the WiFi 344X-Azucar being seen before something bad happens.
  • Gabrielle Adawe is a founding member of Overwatch.
  • Sojourn has prosthetic brain implants and was a main character in the Overwatch Saturday morning cartoon.
  • Doomfist has shown fear to only one thing: His former mentor Akinjide Adeyemi, the second Doomfist.
  • The Junkers sell sketchy equipment and weaponry in Numbani, which is ironic given the polar views on Omnics they have.

Ah rats I might’ve typed out a bit much. My bad.

10 Likes

Interesting information actually!

1 Like

This isn’t new, and its not exactly an accurate wording. We have known for a long time that Adawe was one of the “architects” that helped construct Overwatch. She was a member of the UN.

Its also worth mentioning that it was implied they were stolen goods that Lucio gave her.

4 Likes
  • Apparenly Efi was a gamer before focusing exclusively on her inventions/Orisa. She also has a bit of trouble connecting with kids her age, which I thought was a very nice touch that I could empathize with.

• I loved learning about Efi’s friends and family! Her relationships with all of them really added to the story, and I really wanna see their character designs :pleading_face:

• There was some good insight into the effects of the omnic crisis, and it was cool to learn about how Numbani functions! I also wanna learn more about those Saturday morning Overwatch cartoons haha

• Doomfist is a lot more compelling to me because of this book. It was cool to learn about his philosophy and how his mind works, and there were also some moments of vulnerability from him that really intrigued me. I can’t wait to see where his story goes in Overwatch 2!

• There was a subplot with one of Efi’s clients and a Junie she sold to him that I really enjoyed

Overall The Hero of Numbani was a lot of fun and makes me excited for what’s coming next!

4 Likes