Orisa and sym QOL buffs on the ptr!

Orisa

• Protective Barrier
    • Barrier can be deployed without interrupting reload.

Developer Comments: Orisa has one of the longest weapon reloads and interrupting it to deploy a new barrier felt too disruptive to her gameplay. This change allows her to reload as needed while still being able to protect herself and her team.

Symmetra

• Teleporter
    • Teleporter interact range increased from 1 meter to 1.5 meters.

Developer Comments: This is primarily a quality of life improvement as it was possible to create a teleporter that Symmetra was unable to interact with unless she moved toward it.

How do you guys feel about this?

More here: Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – May 23, 2019

8 Likes

what else???

1 Like

Quality of life issue, yeah, it’s fine.

Long overdue for both of them

6 Likes

Orisa don’t deserve buffs. But this is small so whatever.

well mccree gets another buff… was it needed? yes he has a negative winrate this month on pc in GM…

who else has a negative winrate?? pharah… gets nothing.

OKAY

I would have made Sym teleporter interact range 2-2.5.

Then change interaction to allow Symmetra to transport 1.5 seconds sooner, without needing to use interact.

this is so incredibly appreciated even if it took way too long for them to finally implement it…

5 Likes

My girls getting love , im happy :heart:

2 Likes

Messing with Pharah can be extremely tricky due to the polarizing nature of how she plays. She’s the only one that can fly consistently.

2 Likes

Pharah cant be buffed properly as long as Pharmercy is a thing. She simply cant be ‘‘solo’’ balanced as long that thing exists. That and the fact that 2 thirds of the roster cant deal with her, and even more cant deal with pharmercy.

4 Likes

I think the issue with Pharah is that it’s difficult to buff her in a way that doesn’t make her next to impossible to deal with in lower ranks and on console. A good Pharah already necessitates a switch to some kind of hitscan and makes every CQC character useless since she can totally out-range them. Not to mention, she has the most synergy with Mercy and they’re still a powerful duo.

I definitely think maybe just some small things like a little more jet fuel or a cooldown reduction on her boop would be fine. Straight buffs, nah, but some little things that make the experience of playing her better, sure.

Anyway, I’m glad they’re still trying to give Symmetra buffs instead of just sitting on her. It has been agonizing waiting for all the tiny buffs over the last year, but we’re getting there slowly.

1 Like

I love those buffs.

It has been so annoying to have to interrupt the teload to put up a shield

Orisa needed that buff for years. She finally gets it when she was already meta. lol

Orisa is very strong in Season 16 and onward now.

The last thing Orisa needs is a timer on her Shield Barrier so her and her teammates know when that is about to expire. There are pictures that give an example to what I’m talking about.

She needs buffs

No compensation required

~800 Hour Junk 1 trick

im so glad they finally increased the TP range (hopefully that means tp-bombs will be more consistent too) AND gave orisa that very needed QoL change :^D

Fine about Sym, it’s nice she’s getting some attention. Further Orisa buffs are very problematic.

Pharah can’t have a buff without being too OP with Mercy sadly true.

1 Like

sym only needs one QOL buff and its that the tp always deploys under her feet