Option to turn off borders

People just focus too much on borders. People group alt accounts with smurfs and call both smurfs. It would just shut a lot of people up to have an option to turn off borders for yourself to others, or an option to turn off other people’s borders to you.

Congratulations OW2 will be removing level borders.

Has it been so long that people have forgotten the features of OW2?

4 Likes

I know its getting removed, but like the priority pass system and the 2 deathmatch maps they’ve released, this is a feature that doesn’t need to wait for OW 2.

5 Likes

You wanna know something that doesn’t need to wait until OW2? Anything in OW2.

2 Likes

OW 2 gives devs the breathing space to completely redo the game, which would’ve been a no-go in OW1. I dont think an option to turn off borders is something game-breaking, just QOL, unlike the plethora of maps and heroes being reworked/being added with 1 tank in mind. This is just the PVP part too.

2 Likes

OW2 is basically HotS.

1 Like

low lvl border is okay for me, what shocks me is when I see high lvl border hardstuck in a game below gm/masters, then you already know what sandbag you have to carry on.

that sounds like someone is in the rank they belong in if you ask me.

Well, it is bad, If a player can not complete the game, it is the same like throwing to maintain low rank on purpose, but even worse.

I dislike this.

I like my diamond border and will be very sad to see it go.

1 Like

And here I am hoping for an option to show my border in OW2. I happen to like my pretty 5-star diamond border, and showing it off with my group of years-long friends who likewise stuck it out with this game for so long. As for the stupid made insults over it? I just report the most offensive, degrading remarks made toward me and others. I don’t mind if people end up silenced for insulting immature commentary made over a cosmetic mere representing time played, especially if it means that silencing them ends up hampering them from harassing other hapless players for similar reasons.

And I’m not the only one!

I wish there were more of us to speak up in support of keeping our hard earned diamond borders!

Shocking how judgemental you are. Have you also ever wondered the same about all the senior players you see at golf courses? Just why are they still stuck there at that no-name golf course, playing with a bunch of nobodies, after literally years, decades—in some cases, entire lifetimes of experience starting from childhood—and gained all that practice. Just why aren’t they playing in the big boys’ tournaments, i.e., the PGA, where, you know, they really should belong? Perhaps—maybe—it’s almost like they play the sport for their own fun, or to set personal goals and see what they can accomplish. Some bring their friends along to spend time with. Some might just enjoy going through the motions periodically as part of their routine. Crazy, isn’t it?

Now try this hot take: consider the exact same can be said of many, if not most, high level Overwatch players “stuck” in any arbitrary low (or “low”) rank that isn’t GM, T500, or Overwatch League. Let that one sink in!

2 Likes

What is Overwatch 2?

Heroes of the Storm.

2 Likes

Levels mean absolutely nothing. There is tons of incredibly high level players stuck in low ranks, that’s because they are actually of that skill level and have not put time into improving themselves

1 Like

they are competing, hence why they are at the rank they are at. stop looking for people to blame.

The reason I love the european union was the ability to disable borders and travel freely. Let’s bring it to overwatch!

Levels mean how bad/good is current player’s potential. If a player already has silver border and he don’t play in masters/gm/top500, he is done, nothing will help him. You have to carry those kind of players, cause they just **** around and that is all of their afk gameplay. For instance, when I boost an account, and I get hardstuck plats versus me, I know it would be easy win, but when I have more hardstucks than enemy team, things turn different.

The only reason they’ll be hidden is to protect smurfs and new accounts from scrutiny - the same reason all the other “QoL” changes were made such as private profiles and icon deranking below Master.

there is a big diference between casual and competitive
between solo and teambased
between life sports and cybersport.
I will not discuss ow compared to anything else, cause it is not a case.

I completely disagree here. While I just recently hit Silver border and reached GM WAY before that, I don’t agree that improvement will halt just because of time played.
There is always room for improvement, it just requires the player to be willing to improve and take responsibility for their mistakes.

I used to be Low Gold in start of Overwatch, I was an absolute bot, with training and improvement that has turned around to me reaching the top ranks in most games I play, including GM in Overwatch

1 Like