Option to mute hero voice/chat

An option to mute a player’s voice/chat would be so wonderful to have. When I say voice/chat I mean “I need healing”, “Group up”, etc. Being able to mute a player so you don’t hear and see the thing popping up in the chat would be amazing because it would help against people spamming the voice lines. Hearing “I need healing” every five seconds gets annoying when you are trying to focus on the game.

Agreed. Spamming need healing is only beneficial for the healers and if you’re a tank or dps it just messes with your concentration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only heros who can heal teammates hear the I need healing voice line.

1 Like

Are you sure? I remember somebody spamming this in a game I was DPSing a few days ago and it was annoying the crap out of me (especially since he did not need healing XD) Maybe I was on Soldier then? Can’t remember.

You were probably Solider(I can’t think of any other DPS that can heal others?)
I’m sure since I tested it once while waiting in spawn and I even asked the healer if everyone else had said the line as well(We were messing with them :stuck_out_tongue:)
And after 420 hours of Rat I’ve yet to hear an friendly say the voice line while I’m rat

1 Like

That was probably it then. I rarely play Soldier so that’s probably why it was grating on my nerves that he was spamming it (I love it when I’m on Mercy). It would also explain why I can’t think of many situations where that happened XD

1 Like

99% sure squelch chat already does this. Right click them and squelch chat is there somewhere.

You know what we really need? A menu in Options which lets you toggle on/off the various kinds of chats (General / Match / Team / Group) so you don’t have to:
See all the nonsense that’s getting in your face from general chat
Get angry / tilted from the accusations that are going on in team chat whenever team isn’t doing great or enemy team trying to tilt your team in match chat even more
Getting all that trash in your face while having chat hidden but you then have to respond to a whisper