Opinions on Winter Wonderland 2018

It’s nice, sorry i forgot it and she existed. That happens a lot.

1 Like

I got that Symmetra skin today, it´s cool but really hoping to get that Mercy skin

1 Like

Epic. If I had it I might actually play her in DM instead of Moira just to show it off.

1 Like

I mean it was fairly lack luster, but I also went into this event with low expectations. New map, some skins, a few emotes, and maybe a high light intro. All things I predicted from this event and I was right on all parts. Still wish I was wrong about not all heroes getting voice lines though…

With that in mind, its been a fine event. Lootboxes are easy with Yeti Hunter (because either you work with the Meis and get an easy victory or you go against Meis that try to fight you right before getting the last meat and win). Only skins I really wanted were the epics (which I knew I’d get since I have almost everything already) along with the Mercy skin (gotta have 100% of all the Mercy items) and the Junkrat one (FINALLY, a good legendary IMO).

Kind of annoyed that the map was apparently bugged and not actually out the first week though, especially since I that was the time I’d be most likely to play OW (finals, holiday season, and Smash Ultimate). I think the thing that makes me the most bummed is that there aren’t any new maps for Yeti Hunter. It’s still Nepal: Village. I thought they’d add one more like they did with Counter Strike: Mei Offensive last year.

Final notes, the event was okay. I was hoping for a bit more, especially since I know that I’ll most likely not care about the next event at all (the Lunar New Years events never seem all that interesting to me. I can appreciate the time and effort of the skins made for them, but still not my favorite event). At this point, the events I know I’ll be excited for are Archive and Halloween events.

hopely someday blizzard makes new modes for events

1 Like

I think that Lunar and Summer games need new events the most. Capture the Flag is not only available year round, but its not really Lunar New Year feeling. It really felt more like “hey, you guys really wanted this…so here you go.”

As for Summer, I don’t want to play an arcade mode where I get one option for a hero. Same issue I have with CS:MO, I want to be able to pick different heroes. At least with the PvE, there are at least 4 heroes to choose from along with modes where you can mess around with any hero. I think that Yeti Hunter is still better because you can pick either Mei or Winston (how often you get one or the other varies, but most of my experience has been pretty positive in this regard).

I’m not saying that the next event has to have everyone available, but having events that only 1-2 heroes can perform in is kind of boring, especially if you don’t like those heroes (funny enough, Lucio is probably my least enjoyed support though I do still like him, Winston least enjoyed Tank, and Mei my least enjoyed hero overall).

1 Like

I just wanna play lucioball…

I love Yeti Hunt.

One-In-The-Meinber can go away and I’d be perfectly fine.

the whole event is meh … right now there are 3 locked modes in arcade which only leaves stupid mystery heroes to grind. i might as well just not even bother. the xp reward in mei vs yeti is pathetic, i get more xp from backfilling. the skins themselves are lackluster at best with junk being the only good one. why did ashe get a winter skin being she just got 11 skins within the last two months ?? orisa would like to have one, shes only been here for 2 years. (she has only has 2 event-related skins total) … moira would like one too …

i dont really care for events like this … yeah, its nice to see skins but i’d rather have the dev team work on maps, map creation tools and a map selection/proper rotation system …

This^

It’s the only event that truly feels like an event. Yeti and snow ball fight are the only arcade games I ever play, and I have a blast with them.

I like the snow maps, and because it’s the holiday season… it’s just nice to sit down to play OW and see that they’re in the spirit as well

1 Like

The Mercy skin and temporary map changes were good enuf for me ig XP

It’s a little underwhelming, but I know the staff are working on some other cool stuff right now. Plus Blizzard World looks really nice.

Recently I burned with passion towards Skyrim online… Excuse me Elder Scorlls online. They were on sale during black friday and story line was so intruiging it got me hooked.

Yep, Summer games expecially… I mean how many times Lúcioball has been active now ? And I have never liked it anyway

It’s OK. I’m liking the arcade modes more than I thought I would, probably because to me - ANYTHING beats the bug infested mess that is Lucioball.

The skins are nice, the maps are festive - it’s not a bad event, but it certainly isn’t the best event Blizzard have given us either.

Only thing stopping me from feeling fully festive is the fact that it’s summer here.

It could be the worst event ever, and I wouldn’t care, because it brings with it the best piece of music on the entire soundtrack:

This entire season sucks so far. Hopefully RDR2 will bring joy to my Christmas Eve. Yes, Eve.