Opinions on Winter Wonderland 2018

Title says it all
Do you enjoy the return to CS:Snow?
Or maybe five meis slapping a big yeti
Or was it underwhelming to you

Personally, I’m only here for Torb emote and snowboarder Zarya

its boring as it was suspected. i dont think it can be called an event anymore. blizzard firsts event gave the game a fresh touch and felt exciting… now they are just stale and we get even less skins and items in general.

2 Likes

Basically me this whole year lol

9 Likes

I was waiting the whole year for winter maps com back and they released another one! I’m happy with new skins and brawls coming back. They are quite fun :3

2 Likes

Tried to play Snowball Offensive because I hate Yeti Hunter.

Sat in a queue for 20 minutes. No game. Have not yet been able to get a game of Snowball offensive.

Forced to play Yeti hunter for my arcade wins because no one was playing any of the other modes.

Was lucky enough to get SPF Mercy in a lootbox.

Hoped to get Winter Ashe, didn’t.

Got my 3000 credits for Figure Skater Symmetra.

Purchased Figure Skater Symmetra.

Instantly went back to competitive.

Instantly was put in a game with toxic throwers.

Immediately turned off my ps4 after we lost and went back to bed.

(all on the same day and first few hours the event went live)

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Figure Skater Symmetra is so pretty though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m… fine with these events. Yeah sure, they’re not as new and as exciting as they were before. They are a little lackluster when it comes to new modes to play. But the things we are getting is good. I like the skins, I like the emotes, I like the highlight intros.

It’s exactly what I wanted out of it it…new cosmetics and something else to do for a few weeks…anything beyond that is just extra…

Even retribution got stale after the first week man even though it was the “new game mode”…I honestly don’t know what people are expecting…they’re just side events…and I’m sure that’s how the dev team views it…

They dedicate time one and one only really…and that’s archives (which took them a year to make apparently)…expectations should be reserved for that if anything

Omfg that was literally me, except replace “unable to play mei snowball offensive” to “teammates are two to three ranks below me and the enemies are two to three above”
Also got no credits, so rip figure skater

1 Like

The girls and Junkrat got good skins. I hate getting Toast in all my lootboxes though. Mei is cute enough to make me kind of appreciate the event modes but not enough to make me want to play again. I got the lootboxes and ran.

Winter Wonderland 2018 aka

SKIN UPDATE DAY
CYBER EVENT RECYCLING DAY: 3RD STRIKE WINTER EDITION

featuring:

• A “new map” that went live, offline and back online

• Skins

• Old game modes that people won’t play for 10 minutes

• Silence with a promise of something epic happening because super duper secret stuff, clearly this will bring everyone back because we like surprises. Why be honest about our development plans when we can keep it all hush hush, heck why even bother telling them we need more time to make X when we could build up hype with the power of secrecy. Very cool…

Honestly it’s just a free skin update with the “get em while they are still hot” money making strategy.

There’s nothing new unless you count the reskinned map.
Why would they reskin a map instead of making a new map that has a seasonal and a non seasonal version? Too much work fam.

I swear if they reboot all of the events AGAIN in 2019 with 0 new arcade modes like BOWLING or Lucio parkour or Hammond ball swing racing then I guess I have to go back to TF2 while playing other games like Tekken 7, Insurgency sandstorm and the upcoming DOOM ETERNAL.

6 Likes

I went into the event with 2750 credits so I was lucky. I always stock up in case one of my girls gets skins (Brigitte, D.va, Mercy, Symmetra, now Ashe.) If more than one of them gets a skin sadly I’ll just buy lootboxes :woman_shrugging:

Probably what would have happened to me if I got into a game. I’m like, that one a-hole that can 1v5 in Mei’s snowball offensive so I’m pretty much always the last one alive E_E (and its usually a 1v5 bc i was the one person to get a kill on the enemy :^)

Yo bro, I get a good computer, I’ll play TF2 with you

I play them to get the lootbox then avoid like the plague… boring terrible modes.

It is pretty meh. Skins are okay, nothing must have I play it a bit to get lootbox then switch to real fun game.

I knew it wasn’t going to happen, but I expected what they did last time. Return of Snowball Offensive, Yeti Hunt and a third new game mode.

This is what they should do for every event:

• return of the old seasonal game modes
  • the addition of a new and fresh game mode

People won’t come back to the game just for skins.

Decent idea, what game do you play during your downtime?

I decided to buy Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Yakuza 0, and i completely forget there’s an event, I’m enjoying those games a lot more.

Well what have we got for me.

• A Widowmaker skin to add to the collection even though I’ll never use it because i just don’t like it.
  • A Mercy skin that’s lovely, but I feel like she has enough skins I love but never use because I don’t get to play her.
  • A nice Junkrat skin for a hero I never play.

Don’t seem to feel much care for anything else.

owl ana and krampus junk are the only things i like about this event.

Even the Symmetra skin? You don’t think it’s wheel-y pretty? What’s wrong with you? I bet you can’t appreciate a good Vanna White either.