Opinions on Moira?

“buff damage to save people from zaryas ult”

uhh

Niche, balanced healer. Potent alternative to Mercy in correct circumstances (which never happen in things like OWL, so there’s that). Trash DPS, but that’s nothing new for supports. High elim padding though.

All of that is pre-“bugfix” though. Will need to come up with reasons to use her if it goes through.

2 Likes

I think Moira was a tad overpowered compared to the other supports when she was released.

However, she came out as the Mercy rework was happening, and then the other supports were getting buffs too, so she’s pretty balanced by today’s powercreeped standard.

The nerf will likely make her a below average support.

If she uses her fade to engage and flank, then:
a. The enemy team isn’t getting any healing
b. Her fade is now on cooldown, and if your team can’t kill the Moira in less than 6 seconds then I don’t know what to tell you

Besides, Moira’s job is to heal her team and poke some damage to refill her meter. If she’s actively flanking then the Moira is playing her wrong.

6 Likes

a. Her orb isn’t on cooldown and she heals herself insanely fast
b. You now have to take care of the team damaging your shield and the team that is damaging your main DPS

My opinion on Moira? Well…

'Nuff said :blush:

6 Likes

I’m just sayin, I play her like a flanker on alt accounts and always get value out of orb + beam DPS as if you jump say a Mercy that can’t react in 1 second, she dead.
Super annoying sniper giving you grief? they dead as well using this incredible trick.

It might not be OP levels, but the hero definitely has some commonly overseen strengths that You All counter argue with “But Abilities then go on Cooldown!!” Like yes, that is the intent here, you use those abilities to sway fights in your favour. A team that is down their main healer or sniper should lose that fight. Congrats.

Only thing I don’t like about her is those random damage orbs that kill you when you’re 12 health and searching for a healthpack because the support is too busy pocketing their bad dps

I feel like you had bad experiences ! XD

I don’t think the healers should have very strong offensive ults anyway.

She is only ok now cuz is outshined by Mercy.

If a Moira chooses to flank then their team is going to suffer because she’s a. Not healing them and b. A dead Moira because she’s really not that hard to kill. Her fade is on a short cooldown but things happen quick in this game. It would go like this

-Moira tries to flank
-she uses fade
-gets focused by the enemy team
-dies within seconds because she doesn’t have fade
-her team gets mopped up because they had a lack of heals

The only time Moira is going to be a successful flanker is if your team is not paying attention and lets her.

1 Like

Too many times haha

a moira who heals her team is great , as an ennemy she is okay too , i wish her beam was a little shorter but that s about it

For me, the ideal situation for coalescence is when our tank is low on health and is taking a lot of damage while also being positioned in a spot where healing them from various angles also allows me to hit the enemy team. It’s really good for a supercharged moment of healing that can also do some damage.

Balanced, doesn’t need changing at all

1 Like

HA if a moira is bad enough to leave her team without heals to try and use her trash dps beam to kill you, maybe you should capitalize on that.

Btw you sure love staying away from your team, making it easier on her to kill you

3 Likes

If you buff the heals to 160 of course the dps would become 80.

It is currently 140 heals and 70 dps.

70 dps is out healed by the way from enemy healers. 80 dps isn’t out healed by enemy healers, so some damage will go through if Moira is hitting an enemy and they are getting pocketed or healed to take the ult. Still, 160 healing is going to save some people especially if the Moira player has good tracking skills. It can save someone from a Nano boosted Genji Blade too.

This. So much this! I was about to write a comment, but this pretty much sums it all up.

you make it sound like the enemy team has a brain

And yet I don’t die doing this in gold and plat games. where the bulk of the playerbase is.
Funny that