Opinions on Moira?

Im curious what yall think personally she seems out classed just cause her ult is low key weak and actually has too much healing at short range

• Completely balanced right now. The ideal state of a support.
  • Will be destroyed after her nerfs. They’re ruining one of the only truly balanced characters in the game imo. No reason to fix what isn’t broken.
    e: Her ult isn’t that strong, but it charges very fast, and I’ve used it to save tanks in a pinch… I’d say it’s just fine.
46 Likes

This. As Moira is on live, she is likely the most perfectly balanced hero we have. After thw nerfs however… I guess it will be back to the lab for our biologist.

9 Likes

She’ll be dead in a weak or two, that’s all i have to say…

12 Likes

perfectly balanced is a support with a reliable 100dps burst? Alrighty, friend.

3 Likes

I started using her in FFA. Interestingly, the skills you learn to quickly and consistently make kills like the orb/leech combo are directly transferrable to the regular games.

You take that trick that lets you do undodgeable 2 second kill attacks, swap that with heals, and the same thing will let you make one or more teammates near unkillable for 2 seconds. And you can do this consistently with just a few hours on her.

As for her ult. Meh, i guess i just use that as needed, haven’t really thought much of perfect situations for it.

When Moira first came to OW, I thought she was a bit OP and a bit difficult to use. After practicing with her more, even during Retribution, Moira is actually balanced and fun to play.

9 Likes

Moira is awesome.
I love playing her.

But i gotta tell i am very afraid of this new version of her with this barrier blocking her heals. I don’t think it was necessary, not even a little.

They should make healing through barriers a feature for her. She is a very smart scientist, she could have discovered the formula to a healing that goes through barries very easily.

I hope they don’t do that to her. Completely unecessary. It’s something that no one complains about her, so why change it?

3 Likes

Here’s a cool idea, stick with your team so she can’t do 100dps to you. Ooh, an even better idea, stay behind a shield so she can’t hit you with her beam. Also, the enemy Moira just used her damage orb, meaning no healing orb for 10 seconds, so instead, capitalize on this opportunity since her team is getting less healing.

13 Likes

Her ult sort of hits you out of the blue on when you should use it. Can’t remember when it clicked for me, but I do it immediately when I sense the team needs it.

Flawless, full of personality, fun to play, best voice.

Totally not biased here –

7 Likes

This guy gets it.

I tend to only use my damage orb when I catch somebody out of position that needs to be punished for being out of position or over commits too far from his/her team.

4 Likes

She’s really weird… balanced, but unlike other heroes she doesn’t really have counters, bar one or two…:

I’m sorry I forgot she was a slow immobile hero that couldn’t actively flank or chase down other heroes with her short CD fade ability.
You got me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Her damaging balls are annoying, also annoying to 1v1 but in a normal game she is balanced.

1 Like

She’s balanced in every aspect except for her ability to 1v1 or even 2v1 depending on the heroes she’s against.

2 Likes

One of the few characters in the game actually balanced. But when ptr changes hit live she will be bad. The only support character I play and enjoy getting nerfed while no one asked for it.

If you use that argument literally every broken hero in the game is balanced…

Hr ult needs a buff to heal 160 and do 80 dps. This will actually save people inside Zarya’s grav etc.

The only Moira buff I want.