Opinions on 2-2-2?

I’m a support main who also plays tank on ps4 OCE servers and loves 2-2-2.

I see a fair amount of people who disagree with 2-2-2 and tend to notice that they are mostly dps mains.

I’m just curious but do you agree or disagree with 2-2-2 and why?

1 Like

I don’t like it because I prefer to play multiple roles and hate the long queue times but I’m not necessarily against it!
I just hope that they keep open queue permanent!

3 Likes

Best thing in the game since it released in my opinion. Also 2-2-2 lets me flex more than OQ.

3 Likes

I have recently only been queuing as DPS and I still like it a lot. I like the structure and knowing what I’m going to play (role) and that there are going to be 2 tanks, 2 supports and 1 other DPS.
Despite being in low masters my queue times are really not that bad. I very rarely go over 10 minutes. Most games pop around 5-8 minutes.

3 Likes

I like it. But I think that an option to switch roles with another player during the matches is needed.

Role SR exists for a reason

I only DPS queue these days and I like it. I really like deathmatch, so I can play that while I wait.

2 Likes

Its not the same thing. Trade roles with a player will still keep the 222 format.

2-2-2 is good, the queue time isn’t.

Here’s it best approach to fix that by allowing your team to switch between 2-2-2 and 1-3-2, whenever.

✅ Modified 1-3-2 that can be 1-1-2-2

You’re missing the point.

I’m a nearly diamond tank, but a mid gold DPS

If I was playing DPS and then swapped with someone who was a mid gold tank, but diamond DPS we would have quite an advantage.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I can see that practical application clearly.

“DPS you suck! Kill something! Here, you be main tank, I’ll play DPS for you!”

DPS Players: “No.”

i agree with it for structure for better balancing

but i still disagree with how they’re dealing with it

not enough balance patches that matter to actually accommodate 222 better
stagnating meta makes 222 bad, but it makes everything bad, soooooo

I had explained how it could work in a better way in this discussion, including an option before the match starts to allow or not trade roles requests:

in design it was dumb to begin with, power healing/tank synergy got way out of hand so instead of trying tool and balance that setup they went the easy route and kept that power creep then implemented 2-2-2

it should have been balanced to the point where any combination yes even 6 dps can go against a 2-2-2 team or 3-3 goats team. i know that would be super hard to balance but its a multi million dollar company right they took the easy route

1 Like

I read it. It’s not going to happen because 99% of players won’t accept the trade request and it will just cause more problems.

People playing in groups of friends could still use it. With unknow people, some will accept it and some dont. People’s choice.

This just seems like such a limited niche use case. It’s not worth the dev time to implement it. Someone might be able to get something working in the workshop for custom games, but that’s about it.

I highly disagree, it’s a team based game, and teams with friends could really use this feature, including people that think that the 222 system is too restrictive during the matches. It’s very simple too to discard it because “dev time”.

I dunno. It still just seems like it could open up doors for smurf abuse and complicates the matchmaker by several orders of magnitude.

It’s solving 1 small problem by introducing a lot of bigger problems.

Not worth it.

1 Like

A major net positive addition in my opinion. DPS queue times are an unfortunate, but not unexpected side effect.

2 Likes